Nov. 22: Remembering JFK

Ok, name one and I’ll destroy it.

I literally just named every single one that you could imagine.

Destroy them all.

Go.

You want to start with his father buying him the White House?

1 Like

R’s taste in presidents ranges from the senile (Reagan) to the blatantly stupid (Bush 43, Trump).

1 Like

How is that relevant? Had he lived, he would not have been in office any longer when the first moon landing occurred.

Should Nixon get credit?

No, NASA should.

Definitely a sad day.

That said, he was merely average as president. We’ve mostly had average since Eisenhower.

Greatness requires context.

Then why make the point that the moon landing happened six years after his death?

It’s factual.

And that’s a non sequitur.

So? Washington is dead yet we have a union.

No it isn’t.

Washington didn’t form the union and we didn’t for a while.

It makes for a good story, but Caroline’s birthday was five days after he was shot. It seems unlikely that they would have moved up her party, especially with both of her parents being out of town. Also, she was six … a little old for nursery school. I suspect that your friend, who probably was also about six at the time, is rembering it wrong.

Before my time but from what I read about the man he was a critic of the Federal Reserve which imho we could use more of.

Just curious, but who do you consider to be a great President? Not, Eisenhower, I hope. Ike pretty much defines mediocrity in the White House.

Caroline was at my college roommate’s birthday party.

No, she was 5. She turned 6 a few days after JFK was killed.

My friend called it nursery school - probably because when they started at the school in the WH, they were younger and likely there weren’t grades in this school which had about 10 kids in it.

Obviously the Kennedy’s were not going to enroll Caroline in a regular elementary so - so they had their friend’s children go to the school in the WH.

Okay. I misunderstood. That makes sense now.