Not Looking Good for Ronny Jackson, MD

The confirmation hearing for Dr. Ronny Jackson has officially been delayed. It was supposed to happen tomorrow. The Veterans Affairs Committee are looking into allegations against Dr. Jackson.

There were already serious questions about whether or not Dr. Jackson had enough management experience to run the VA. I think these allegations will most certainly sink his nomination and most likely end his employment at the White House.

Wow. If these allegations are true, then that is a shame. And it would just be another example in the ever-growing list of examples of how everyone that comes into contact with Trump ends up in shame, with their reputations ruined.

I don’t necessarily put the blame on Trump here. If anything, the Trump White House should have spent more time vetting Dr. Jackson.

Also, I imagine his nomination happened something like this …

Trump: “You’re a doctor, right?”
Ronny: “Yes, Mr. President.”
Trump: “You’re in the military too?”
Ronny: “Yes, Mr. President.”
Trump: “Want to run the VA?”

I disagree. If Trump failed to have the man properly vetted, then that is on him. The buck stops with him when it comes to people he personally nominates for Cabinet level positions.

But yes, I can see it going down exactly as you stated. Which is a sad narrative on the state of the Executive Branch.

Typical libs creating non sense, unsourced attacks on a Conservative. ■■■■ these people.

1 Like

Trump nominated the man for the VA because of the hyperbole the man used to describe his health back in January. Vetting was minimal, I am sure. By the way, why did Obama hire this guy?

1 Like

Well yeah, I agree. Your original comment implied Dr. Jackson just became garbage after working with Trump. The story implies Dr. Jackson has a troubling history that predates Mr. Trump.

But you’re right. The buck stops with Trump and Dr. Jackson should have been properly vetted.

Dr. Jackson has been a white house physician since 2006. He was appointed physician to the President in 2013. I would guess that Obama did not properly vet Dr. Jackson either.

1 Like

This administration has a very strange habit of doing it’s vetting backwards.

1 Like

I think that’s a fair statement. As for Obama, did he “hire” him or did he simply maintain him from the prior administration? Same as Trump with regards to having him stay on as the White House doctor. But now, Trump is looking to hire him for a different, Cabinet-level, position. I think that’s the difference here.

You’re right. It was poorly worded on my part. And I agree with you here.

Okay. Soon, if this all goes sideways, when either Fox News or Trump (on Twitter) refers to Jackson, you can bet he will now be known as “Obama’s doctor.” :slight_smile:

Being the physician to the president isn’t quite the same as running an extremely important agency. He was a poor choice for the VA from the start and there has always been serious concerns about his qualifications.

Maybe by the end of his term Trump will have finally filled out his cabinet. By then we will have gone through every except farmer ted with the 2 good teeth.

You have false analysis.

the majority of those who are hurt are hurt through attacks by Trump haters, not association with Trump, per se.

Jackson–good doctor

Jackson–Terrible nominee for the VA

Allan

This kiss-butt press conference is what probably got him nominated for the V.A.

Lose 10 to 15 pounds over the next year? Who is he kidding? trump needs to loose more like 40 to 50 lbs.

I disagree…this guy was around for Obama as well and I heard some former Obama staff find these accusations odd…because it doesn’t fit in with who the man is.

The giving of pills on flights seemed to be a normal thing through the decades…

Trump may look dumb for picking him but that’s all the blame he should get

Here the latest: Exclusive: Pence’s doctor alerted WH aides about Ronny Jackson concerns last fall. Mike Pence's doctor alerted White House aides about Ronny Jackson concerns last fall | CNN Politics

Washington (CNN)Vice President Mike Pence’s physician privately raised alarms within the White House last fall that President Donald Trump’s doctor may have violated federal privacy protections for a key patient – Pence’s wife, Karen – and intimidated the vice president’s doctor during angry confrontations over the episode.

More evidence that Jackson exhibited poor judgement.

Apparently I missed the news today where he is no longer even Trump’s personal WH physician.