Not completely happy, but I can support the 1.5 trillion stimulus proposal

No relief is guaranteed for anybody Snow. Do legal residents pay taxes? Yes. That’s where the money comes from. If they are here legally and pay taxes, they have the privilege to the same relief I do.

Can they leave and go back to their home countries? No.

they contribute to our economy. It would benefit us all if they are kept fed and sheltered.

And yes, in some states they can vote - in local elections. San Francisco and Chicago I know of.

No it doesn’t.

Yes they do.

Actually this will go to deficit spending – so whoever buys the bonds will pay for it.

No they are not.

Why can’t they leave? Their native countries preventing their own citizens from returning home?

And I 10,000% disagree with that as well.

Travel is shut down Snow.

Your post is a good one up until that point.

In defense of Snow, the point of disagreement here is what he would want changed.

The amount of contention on that point seems misplaced.

It’s a suggestion. (shrug)…

Mick Jagger put it well:

Trumps like… "You want to send Americans Checks during my re-election campaign… OK!!!

lol!

1 Like

UK is allowing citizens to return

Only one I can find off hand. I’ve found plenty that US citizens can travel to, so I’d guess their own citizens can as well

So who is prev enting them from returning to their home country if they desire?

Fair point.

Your forgetting one thing, there are millions of greencard holders that have been here decades. This is their home but for whatever reason citizenship has not occurred.

But its a moot point as your desire to see legal residents excluded will not happen.

Our economy depends on them.

It’s in our interest to have every member of our society fed, clothed and sheltered.

I support not giving it to white western europeans. Too much privilege already.

My vato brothers get it.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what is your reasoning behind this (in furtherance of what has been discussed on this topic)? They are not deserving? The costs would be too great? I know you said they should focus on gaining citizenship, but that is not the answer to the question I’m asking. What is the “why” behind your desire to prevent those here legally from getting stimulus funds?

Once again we will disagree.

This ones on trump, not pelosi.

I guess we shall have to see what happens and see which one of us (if any) is right on this.

Allan

That’s always been a head scratcher for me.

I know it won’t. but I can dream

US debt. less we add the better

Aww… Someone is preparing their talking points for a Biden win… Very cute.

Speaking of which, has the Harris / Biden ticket encouraged Pelosi to get a deal done?

1 Like

I think you’ve been here long enoiugh to know that I advocate a balaced budgert amendmen/debt redection constitutional amendment. Wanted it during Bamma, want it under Trump.