Not Babylon Bee Satire

This must be your small government conservatism, skeptical of state power.

I’m kidding, you’re an ardent authoritarian as long as you don’t think it will ever be directed at you.

Everything circles back to class and race.

We used to be a classless society.

Nobody was better than anybody…If you thought you were…you found out quick you weren’t.

Especially politicians.

When was that now?

2 Likes

Until very recent political policy took a Marxist tone.

This presentation of class struggle cannot go any further without talking about definitions of class. Class is an elusive social structure to identify and has been interpreted many different ways. In general, it can be said that studies of class can be divided between cultural definitions and economic definitions. Aage B. Sorenson speaks to economic divisions as a means to class definition in the article, “Toward a Sounder Basis for Class Analysis.” Sorenson’s definition of class falls into three economic tiers: nominal characterization, “class as life conditions,” and the Marxist class concept. Nominal characterization studies class in terms of observable stratifying conditions, most notably income and occupational prestige.

These characterizations are applied in studying “class as life conditions,” which is essentially the comparison of different living styles based on the results of nominal characterization. Any inequalities that are found in this second analysis are based on market driven inequalities. Associations are made between the way people live and what material goods they have. At a much more critical level, Marxist concepts of class provide the structural theory for inequality in class. According to this, the economy is based on exploitation and class is the tool of suppressing the masses. These explanations by Sorenson provide an understanding of class as an economical outcome.

https://www.stepbystep.com/Class-in-the-20th-Century-Economic-and-Cultural-Distinctions-143030/

Americans can define class as they see fit and a class of economy is as obtainable as it can be fleeting. This is why the power in the US has always resided with the middle class worker…at least it used to until the D have decided to make us a single party.

:statue_of_liberty:

An absence of Analysis of class conflict does not mean that there isn’t any class conflict.

When was this time where America was a classless society?

1 Like

Classes are only important … sometimes

2 Likes

Whenever you would like it to be.

You would know that if you read the material.

To clarify your point.

I reject importing a peasant class and CREATING a class structure.

Class strife is a Marxist construct.

1 Like

I can do the same search with the term “elite”.

Will that need more clarification?

Lol, they aren’t over policed and it has nothing to do with their race and everything to do with crime rates. And white liberals and woke politicians aren’t doing them any favors by reducing a police presence because minority criminals victims are who? Other minorities, that’s who.

1 Like

Can’t just redefine things to make the issue go away.

There had never ever ever been a time when the US was a classless society.

Like… never.

Even before the Revolution… never.

If you cannot answer…fine by me.

If you need focus…Look at the Marxist construct part.

Who is redefining what?

I supported my claim.

You didn’t ask a question

You have no trouble bringing in clases and class warfare while at the same time decrying left wing class warfare rhetoric.

With a analysis of analysis but not with any real history.

Take the War of Regulation… was that a class conflict?

OK. If that is all you have…

I reject class distinction…always have.

1 Like

That’s cute.

It still exists.

Present you argument. I am not doing a Q&A.

Sure if you want it too.

No you don’t.