NOT ADDING UP: Biden Bungles Touching War Story, Misstates Facts on Afghanistan Visit

Originally published at: NOT ADDING UP: Biden Bungles Touching War Story, Misstates Facts on Afghanistan Visit | Sean Hannity

More trouble on the campaign trail for Biden. At a recent stop in Hanover, New Hampshire, the democratic presidential hopeful captivated an audience of more than 400 attendees; sharing with them a personal story about his trip to the Kundera province in Afghanistan in 2008. The only problem? The story wasn’t true.

“The Navy captain, Biden recalled Friday night, had rappelled down a 60-foot ravine under fire and retrieved the body of an American comrade, carrying him on his back. Now the general wanted Biden to pin a Silver Star on the American hero who, despite his bravery, felt like a failure,” according to CTPost.

“He said, ‘Sir, I don’t want the damn thing!” Biden said, his jaw clenched and his voice rising to a shout. ‘Do not pin it on me, Sir! Please, Sir. Do not do that! He died. He died,’ adds the report.

Biden continued, “This is the God’s truth. My word as a Biden.”

“Almost every detail in the story appears to be incorrect. Based on interviews with more than a dozen U.S. troops, their commanders and Biden campaign officials, it appears as though the former vice president has jumbled elements of at least three actual events into one story of bravery, compassion and regret that never happened,” reports the CTPost.

On numerous occasions Biden has told this story, and it appears he plays loose and fast with the facts. The time period, the location, the heroic act, the type of medal, the military branch, the rank of the recipient – even his own role in the ceremony – all subject to change.

This is the latest in a long line of gaffes for the former Vice President, including misremembering the decades of the assassinations of Robert F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr., thinking he was in Vermont when he was actually in New Hampshire, and forgetting the locations of the recent mass shootings in Texas and Ohio.

Read the full report here.