Not a single Dem Senator voted to advance their New Green Deal

Damn. Does that mean republican media loses this scare tactic?

Then why did a dem introduce it, and as I posted – say it was only to spark debate for the 2020 election. if there is nothing to debate on the issue, then every dem should have voted to send it for an up or down vote.

No one wants to participate in Mitch’s political theatre.

At least we know the Republicans aren’t that concerned with governing.

Only way to win Mitch’s BS game is not to play.

Cool a stunt

Whaaaaat? They want to wait until we are only eight or ten years away from certain death? What’s wrong with these people!!!

I must have missed those threads because every thread I participated in concluded that Democrats didn’t have a ghost of a chance of passing it.

Yet dems whent to engage in political theater by introducing the resolution, and then only wanting to debate it during the presidential election.

I guess that (D)ifferent and acceptable political theater.

Yep. And Mitch pulled the plug on their stunt by treating it as a real peice of legislation and putting it up for a vote. The Democrats got outplayed.

1 Like

And at any time they want to debate it, it should be put up for a vote again.

It was Senator Ed Markey with the New York Congressman, who held a press conference with great fanfare introducing this bill, stressing the importance of changing our climate which, where the US emits only 15% of the world’s emssions. We all know that if they were serious, they would mandate China to cut their emissions, and threaten them, but China, which has over 30% of the world’s emissions is not even mentioned. This bill is watered down from what AOC wanted, to get rid of planes and automobiles within 12 years and cows who fart too much with too much emission should be about 11 1/2 years, by now, or we will all die. If they were serious they’d want to promote natural gas, which is the reason why US carbon emissions has gone down in relation to the rest of the world, but they are against that. But they aren’t for natural gas nor nuclear which emits no carbon emissions. How come the 12 years number hasn’t started ticking down yet? They can’t even vote to support a watered down one, which changes the goals to 2050, where we should all be dead 20 years before according to AOC’s original prophecy.

The first truly renewable resource. If only we could power combustion engines with it.

1 Like

Has AOC now extended our Earthly existence expectancy Beyond 12 years? Okay to eat a burger?

Maybe breakfast and lunch instead of breakfast, lunch and dinner. Got to cut back some.

Grilling now

The same AOC who is less popular than Trump among the people who elected her? It seems that their nit wit detectors finally alarmed.

Do you have a link to support this claim?

She doesn’t even understand the basis of her own political ideology

Not a ‘show vote’.

Both of my Senators oppose the Green New Deal. I also oppose it, but I think that there should be some kind of plan that addresses climate change.