North Korea threatens to cancel Trump-Kim summit

North Korea has reportedly threatened to cancel the much anticipated Trump-Kim summit over the South Korea-US military drills.

According to South Koran news agency, Yonhap News North Korea said has said it is canceling high-level talks planned for later in the day

“The North’s Korean Central News Agency said the Max Thunder drills between the South Korean and US air forces are a rehearsal for invasion of the North and a provocation amid warming inter-Korean ties,” the site reports.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/north-korea-threatens-cancel-trump-12541844

The Mirror?

Sounds about right.

I will be shocked if Kim goes through with this summit.

There goes trump’s Nobel Peace Prize.

1 Like

Everything this clown touches turns to ■■■■■ Iran is having nuclear talks with the EU and they seem to be going well.

He can still get the Piece (of ass) Prize.

2 Likes

A threat from a pygmy.
This is where character matters.

So far. D. Trump’s obviously poor charactet has been only an INDICATOR of what he would do.

This time it counts.

1 Like

Yeah, I was afraid of this. Kim Jong Un cannot be trusted. I wonder what made Kim back away from this decision?

This was the freaking plan all along. You could see this a mile away.

1 Like

Predictable.

im sure agent orange will back down and cancel the exercises

For decades the Norks have been desperate to get a sit-down with the US, as it effectively elevates them.

But now it’s the US admin (Trump) that really wants the sitdown, so Kim has leverage.

He’s just rattling the cage imo, the meeting will go ahead. Kim aint giving up those nukes though.

3 Likes

i agree. Un is doing something that’s for his own benefit. I just can’t put my finger on his specific end game.

What did he gain from it? I don’t see anything.

1 Like

There will be a lot of ‘‘on again, off again’’ before this is over.

Did you all think that Kim wasn’t going to try to play a few cards himself??? No one was deluded that he had just folded up - certainly no one at the WH which has urged caution all through.

This is a game and the game is far from over, but we have the winning cards. Just wait.

M

Maybe Trump can get the Nobel for trying…

Maybe Kim is just buying time so they can get another site up to speed??

this was my hunch from the start

Good question and I honestly don’t know how crazy thinks, so I can’t give you an answer.