North korea signals end to nuke freeze

remember when trump met with north korea and proclaimed they had agrred to denuclearize?

and pretty much everyone outside the administration agreed kim was lying and would never give up his nukes?
north korean nut job Kim Kim “confirmed that the world will witness a new strategic weapon to be possessed by the DPRK in the near future,”
he also said “shocking actual action to make [the U.S.] pay for the pains sustained by our people.”

becasue the US held military drills with south korea Kim said that “under such conditions” there was “no ground” to continue suspending tests. “This is chilling our efforts for worldwide nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation”

when asked about it Trump said “Look, he likes me, I like him, we get along,” “But he did sign a contract, he did sign an agreement talking about denuclearization … I think he’s a man of his word so we’re going to find out, but I think he’s a man of his word.”

Once again trump gets played as a fool . he show how ineffective he’s been. he met with kim,which was what NK always wanted and in return got nothing.

Don’t worry about it, Trump took care of this in 2018.

“Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office,” Trump tweeted as he arrived back in Washington. “There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”

2 Likes

Fake news!!! Trump told me that he and Kim fell in love and that NK was now denuclearizing!!

3 Likes

Look at the synopsis that shows in your link. I just love that feature, don’t you.

So had Trump not tried, we’d still be at the same place…correct? So is it your contention by starting this thread, Trump should have never tried?

What a loser mentality!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The article points out how naive Trump is in world affairs. That is more along the point the thread makes. Trump’s words - directly from the article:

“Look, he likes me, I like him, we get along,” Trump said at a New Year’s party at Mar-a-Lago. “But he did sign a contract, he did sign an agreement talking about denuclearization … I think he’s a man of his word so we’re going to find out, but I think he’s a man of his word.”

Poor Trump - kind of reminds me of Charlie Brown when Lucy keeps yanking the ball right before he kicks it.

1 Like

Trump made assertions that things were better and things had changed. None of that is true. Four years and nothing to show for it.

I agree that Trump tried. Trump ultimately failed. His failed attempts at diplomacy mean we are no better off today then we were when he took office when it comes to North Korea.

If you see that as a positive or even OK, I disagree.

1 Like

Yeah…he’s so naive. A more accurate description is that Trump is not a politician. His approach to existing problems is outside of the traditional political box. Since this is true, you have articles such as this one. I wonder if the author is anywhere near as successful as Trump?

If…you don’t try…you have NO possibility of success and to keep doing things the same way but expecting different results is called…what again?

In North Korea, I’m sure Un has advisors and…they have eyes and ears. Why do you think those comments were made? Was it for us…or was it for North Korea? This isn’t over my friend but it’s being reported like it is. This is just more sheople food…orange man baaa, baaa, baaad. :sunglasses:

I am sure that if the author was given millions of dollars and bailed out at every turn by his father he would be successful also.

1 Like

Oh…do I detect jealousy? It’s a new year my friend. Why not make a resolution against being jealous, and then keep it?

He did try, then he tweeted that the threat was over.

He could have tried, said it was a good meeting, with a long road to go and left it at that. But no, in his traditional lying fashion, he had to say the threat was OVER

Trump failed while claiming success. This is a positive? You’re calling others “sheople?”

3 Likes

Yeah…I know…almost like when Bush said the war in Iraq was won after a month or Obama labeling ISIS just a JV team? Granted…many Presidents use their big mouths and it comes back to bite them.

Trump is depending on a contract from a guy who has shown time and time again that he is has no intention of keeping his word. I’ll leave it up to each individual to determine what that says about Trump.

Not jealous at all.

It is a reaction to the implication that the President should not be criticized for his poor performance on foreign policy because of his perceived “success”

Why isn’t it a success? Is it due to the current rhetoric? How many missles have been fired on South Korea? How about Japan? How about…anywhere? Now…tell me again…why isn’t it successful thus far?

Bush clearly lied, Obama didn’t… that comment has additional context.

But this is about Trump, nuclear threats are serious. He shouldn’t have lied about it.

Some tasks are very tough…but some…have the guts to try…and sometimes…they’re successful. You may not think that way and that’s your prerogative but…it’s a loser mentality.

It’s not successful according to Trump’s own measurement. Trump said the nuclear threat was over. It isn’t. Thus, according to the standard that Trump set when he made that statement, it is unsuccessful, using Trump’s own words as the standard.