North Carolina legislature being forced to create new congressional map

“It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, it’s how you played the game.”

• Something said by losers.

It doesn’t matter how you played the game, because at the end of the day there’s a winner and there’s a loser, and I like to win.

This is why I support Trump.

I’m thinking that might not pass constitutional muster

How bout trump u which cheated people out of their money.

No answer for that I betcha.

Allan

Actually there were some who said they got their money’s worth, there are some who said they didn’t.

I’m betting that could be said of any college/university. Ask many grads who are paying down student loans and not working in their field of study.

Courts…if there’s a crime, I want him prosecuted for it. I want our justice system to apply to all of us, equally…with NO favoritism for anyone…period.

Actually that probably would very much pass constitutional muster. It was even pointed to out by chief justice John Roberts majority opinion when he said that the judiciary should not intervene in gerrymandering in the states.

Being that last election it was 52 to 48% for the popular vote the goo should seek out the state congress but shouldnt be so lopsided as it is now.

This would fall under States rights to choose how they set districts.

1 Like

Article I, Section 4, Clause 1 of the Constitution reads:

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

Congress can clearly override the States and force them to use bi-partisan redistricting commissions to draw districts.

HOWEVER.

They cannot force States to use commissions for drawing State legislative districts.

1 Like

I would agree with you except for article 1 section 4:

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators.

That is why John Roberts issued his opinion stating that there is already a remedy to fix gerrymandering in the Constitution itself.

I would recommend the Australian model where we have an independent Electoral Commission that is responsible for the drawing up of electoral boundaries and the conduct of the elections.

A civil crime of being a fraud. Trump settled it or don’t you remember that.

Paid out the bucks for those who he cheated.

Allan

Then why are you still dwelling on it? If I were to get ticked about crimes that haven’t been prosecuted involving cheating and universities, I don’t believe I could get past this;

After Hillary Clinton became secretary of state, Bill Clinton received $17.6 million in payments from a for-profit university. Since that time, another organization with a connection to that university received almost $90 million in grants from an agency that’s part of the State Department.

Is that the same legislature that did this on the 11/09/2019?

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article234962017.html

Was bill Clinton ever forced to pay up for the people defrauded like trump.

It’s an apples to oranges comparison.

Allan

Yeah,I know…it’s liberally…different.