NO THANKS! Elizabeth Warren, Polling at 8%, Says She Doesn’t Need Fox News ‘Hate-for-Profit’ Town Hall

Originally published at: NO THANKS! Elizabeth Warren, Polling at 8%, Says She Doesn’t Need Fox News ‘Hate-for-Profit’ Town Hall | Sean Hannity

Outspoken Senator and anti-Trump crusader Elizabeth Warren refused an invitation to speak before a Fox News town Hall Tuesday; saying she’s “turning them down” despite hovering at just 8% in recent polls.

“I love town halls. I’ve done more than 70 since January, and I’m glad to have a television audience be a part of them. Fox News has invited me to do a town hall, but I’m turning them down—here’s why,” posted Warren on social media.

“Fox News is a hate-for-profit racket that gives a megaphone to racists and conspiracists—it’s designed to turn us against each other, risking life and death consequences, to provide cover for the corruption that’s rotting our government and hollowing out our middle class,” she adds. “Hate-for-profit works only if there’s profit, so Fox News balances a mix of bigotry, racism, and outright lies with enough legit journalism to make the claim to advertisers that it’s a reputable news outlet. It’s all about dragging in ad money—big ad money.”

Fox News is a hate-for-profit racket that gives a megaphone to racists and conspiracists—it’s designed to turn us against each other, risking life and death consequences, to provide cover for the corruption that’s rotting our government and hollowing out our middle class.

— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) May 14, 2019

Senator Warren has repeatedly called for massive new government entitlement programs on the campaign trial; demanding tuition-free college, student debt forgiveness, and more.