No, Joe Biden, Cops Can't Just Shoot People in the Leg

Once Again Joe Biden has come out and claimed that Cops should be able shoot people in the leg.
Yikes.

# No, Joe Biden, Cops Can’t Just Shoot People in the Leg

During ABC’s town hall event with former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic Party’s presidential candidate provided a garbled response to a question about criminal justice reform. In particular, he wrongly suggested that when police fire their weapons at suspects, they could shoot to wound instead of shooting to kill.

“You can ban chokeholds, but beyond that you have to teach [the police] how to de-escalate circumstances,” said Biden. “So instead of anybody coming at you and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg.”

There are a lot of members on this board who can answer the question as why you can’t shoot someone in the leg. What’s your understand as to why?

1 Like

You can only shoot someone in the leg if and only if your life is in danger. Right?

I don’t think that’s it. I don’t think that if a person presents an actual danger you can shoot him or her in a leg. You can still shoot them though. But i am asking you why do you think that is.

You don’t aim for extremities.

You aim center mass. Largest target under duress. Aim for a limb and chances are that you’ll miss.

You fire to stop the target. Center mass shots are the most sure fire way to stop the target (outside of the head, which is harder to hit.)

3 Likes

Because when you and the attacker are both moving, aiming for one of the smaller parts of the body is just idiotic. You don’t shoot someone with the intention of injuring them.

And yes Biden is a moron for suggesting that.

6 Likes

I know you know lol

A silly answer from Joe.

Question you have to ask yourself is “how much is my life worth compared to the guy attacking me with intent to kill me?”

IMO, it’s an easy answer. You don’t take the time to aim for an extremity. You aim for the largest target. Center mass.

1 Like

Biden has a lot of stupid ideas about guns.

4 Likes

Based on “shoot 'em in the leg”, “fire two shotguns blasts off the balcony”, and “shoot through the door” Biden should be red flagged.

4 Likes

At least he wasn’t in a chirch talking about shooting people this time.

I find it disqualifying for the office he seeks.

Don’t worry, when he declares he’s not running again in 2024, you can vote for a Trump again.

Biden is imploding.

Should stay in the basement.

Philly was too far.

Shoot em in the leg?

That’s your take on the townhall? :rofl: :rofl:

If you think his comment will bring down the campaign, have at it.

Biden will lose on merit.

He has no policy.

What is Trump’s policy? Every time he rambles, all he talks about is moving the capital of Israel and ISIS. Oh, then he tossed a “remove all troops” last week as a last gasp.

I would assume 2nd term Trump would be kissing Putin’s ass, visiting North Korea many times. Telling Europe to ■■■■ off. Hurting farmers by going into trade wars with China.

First President to actually deal in a domestically favorable manner with China.

Tariffs helped make it happen.

Those tariffs also helped Mexico help us with the border.

Do you know what Trump doctrine is as applied to foreign policy?

And it hurt American farmers.
But I guess if sacrificing farmers to score a political win over an “enemy”, then hurray??