No concealed carry background checks for a year in FLorida

This is really an unbelievable story. Adam Putnam’s office stopped concealed weapons background checks for a year because it couldn’t log in

THat’s right. According to this article, “For more than a year, the state of Florida failed to conduct national background checks on tens of thousands of applications for concealed weapons permits, potentially allowing drug addicts or people with a mental illness to carry firearms in public.” Adam Putnam’s office stopped reviewing concealed weapons background checks for a year because it couldn’t log in

Putnum was the Commissioner of Agriculture- I wonder why his office was in charge of guns?
But more importantly, he is running for Governor of Florida.

Due to the high government standards of conduct, I’m confident government heads will…roll. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ha. In Florida? Not likely!

1 Like

Well they do in DC…oh wait.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He gets to run for Governor!

And probably about a sixty percent chance of winning.

Him and his massive contributions from Big Sugar destroying The Everglades

Because the Division of Licensing, which issues concerled weapons permits, as well as many other types of poermits, falls under the Dept of Ag.

He’s not “in charge of guns” there Sparky.

1 Like

Actually, it was one employee who was responsible for all this.

Kind of like the Texas Commissioner of Railroads, who is responsible for about everything EXCEPT railroads. :smile:

The problem has already been fixed, the checks were belatedly conducted and a number of permits were revoked.

Problem already solved.

Good deal. Pass Constitutional carry.

I’m guessing it was a woman. Now former employee.

And they did do background checks during that time. On NCIC

His employee.

https://www.freshfromflorida.com/#Concealed-Weapons

Not exactly what point you were trying to make with this link Champ.

The Commissioner of Agriculture’s Office is not “in charge of guns”

Here’ let me remind you of what you posted:

“Putnum was the Commissioner of Agriculture- I wonder why his office was in charge of guns?
But more importantly, he is running for Governor of Florida.”

His offiice is in charge of issuing concealed weapons permits.

Why do I have to explain this to you?

We’de love to.

Unfortunately, all the transplanted libs from the NE who have moved to South Florida is the sticking point.

1 Like

I’m working on it. Check the thread on not defending obamacare.

I’m fed up.

1 Like

Probably just some low level bureaucrat in the Cleveland office.

1 Like

How about significant incidents involving license holders who shouldn’t have had one?

Or one in which the license holder was found at fault?