No college football this year?

Remember when Michigan imposed strict lock-down and the President and his supporter attack the Governor.

1 Like

Americans, and college Football is big business.

I think eventually all the power 5 conferences are going to cancel football. The SEC is going to end up cancelling, kicking and screaming.
I actually doubt we will have collegiate or HS athletics until the spring. The school system I coach in here in MD it’s still has not been determined, but it’s not looking likely that the MPSSAA is going to have sports this fall or the winter.

Yes. We absolutely knew there was a problem in Europe.

thats what i think too. the SEC and big 12 will be the last 2 to cancel

:musical_note: Well I’ve got 20-20 vision but only looking back
Yes it’s clear to me now but I should’ve seen it all along :musical_note:

Ronnie Milsap, 1976. Great year.

I love Ronnie Milsap.

1 Like

Incredibly poor Covid response? No, this is what mass panic and over-reacting does. Yes, it’s bad that we’ve had 130,000 deaths, NO, it’s not worth completely altering our society and killing our economy. Christ, there are 250,000 deaths per year by medical malpractice. Do we stop going to the doctor? It’s absolute stupidity.

Really?

March 11th was the travel ban. Italy was just starting their increase and they were the first.

The revisionist history is hilarious.

As of right now:

Italy, Spain, France and the UK make up 237MM people and have accounted for 138K deaths. The US makes up 330MM people and have accounted for 133K deaths. I wonder though, how many of those deaths in the US are actually falsely attributed to Covid?

They are now contemplating moving college football to the spring which while better than nothing will also have a lot of star players that are sure NFL draft picks skipping the entire season.

Control the virus and then you can control things like college football.

1 Like

A really stupid decision. Not many 20 year old world class athletes are dying of Covid.

Very interesting two words used: “not many”.

It might be zero. The seasonal flu is much more dangerous to that age group. We don’t cancel events because of that. Cowering is just so un-American.

Tell that to tha pro baseball player that has heart issues now.

So depressing.

Well now the the PAC 12 and Big 10 have bowed out. Are you antimask knuckleheads proud of yourselves? Are the “let’s open right now!” crowd proud of yourselves? If you’d just done what was recommended and not cried about “ muh freeberty!” we just might be looking at the start of the college football season. As of now there will be no three months (or longer depending on the post season) of being able to hate on Ohio State. No slamming a couple cups of coffee to stay up and watch the 11:00 PM Oregon kickoff.
And every year for about the last ten years I’ve had a tradition on the Thursday evening game played before the big official start on the following Saturday. I’d make myself an obscenely large pile of hot wings, and have a large amount of beer on hand. (Homebrew if I had some made up, store bought if I didn’t). Then I’d drunk dial friends and family to cheer about the start of college football season. And now that ain’t happening. Proud of yourselves?

I wonder what the NFL season is going to be like this year.

Let’s compare:

Football-athletes are secluded in a dorm, get tested regularly, have access to medical professionals 24 hrs a day.

Non-football- living at home or in dorm going out to bars, sororities frat houses doing general college things.

Which is safer?

Most ironic thing is teen age girls can make a choice to have an abortion, but teenage athletes can not be trusted to make a decision to play or not.

Do the athletes go to lectures, tutorials?