No Bribery? Articles of Impeachment Drafted

I completely agree. I think we are on the same page here. But it will absolutely put the GOP Senators in a predicament, if/when they vote down bringing in what will be described as key fact witnesses that could exonerate the President.

1 Like

You know that people want trump impeached right

See all the recent polls.

Pelosi is doing the people’s will.

Allan

Trump has performed wonderfully WRT immigration.

I don’t see any candidate running that will work to continue what he started simply with respect to following immigration law.

I would suppose a mob would call him stupid.

I appreciate all he has done.

:children_crossing:

Except you’re just kind of making that up?

Well, Nixon resigned because it was an absolute lock he would be both impeached and convicted.

Yeah, I was including Nixon - but I think he resigned before it ever became official, so on that account it would be the 3rd.

1 Like

That is not how impeachment works.

We are not subjected to the tyranny of the mob and I am not convinced the middle class voter is part of the Pelosi mob.

Many polls are trending against this.

Just the process lack of fairness should frighten everyone.

Hope your phone number isn’t the next one to be published without due process.

:man_shrugging:t3:

I’ll predict the Senate doesn’t even convene on this. Or if they do, they’ll sugarcoat their failure to act.

“Well golly gee willikers, we can’t very well move forward on a vote to impeach if we haven’t gathered all the evidence and heard from all the witnesses that the administration under investigation refuses to provide. Whew - that was exhausting! Let’s move on, shall we?”

1 Like

It is about the office.

That dirty recording sure has gotten a lot of mileage with you Tumpophobes.

:record_button:

Ha! While I would not put anything past #MoscowMitch, I would be very surprised if they just dismissed this out of hand. McConnell knows that if he were to do that he would risk his Senate majority in 2020. That is the one thing he will not abide.

Nope the impeachment hearing did not effect public opinion.

Allan

Pelosi is doing the opposite of what she said impeachment must be “overwhelming and bipartisan”. Everyone knows it ends in the senate and I am hearing even on this thread “Let the republicans be on record for supporting it” which means it’s being used only for politics in which it was specifically never meant to be.

The danger pointed out by several people is that we will see impeachment start being used more often just as a weapon. True the democrats might get all they are hoping for a few US. Senators lose their seat but their is nothing that guarantees that and in the opposite if history repeats itself could happen as it did to the congress who impeached Bill Clinton.

1 Like

She changed her mind. You know like the president does all the time.

Allan

I’m sorry, you sort of give away your game with that “all his crimes”. The real point is that the Democrats couldn’t find any of those crimes. They had to fall back on abuse of power, which is a highly subjective criteria. The Democrats who vote for this will be the same ones who thought it was an abuse for Trump to win the 2016 election.
You are correct though, this is not a good image for the Democrats.

1 Like

Don’t think any other way.

Better to consider this a break even.

Might have to decide 2020 Presidential with a coin toss.

No crazier than impeaching over asking about Biden corruption.

:slot_machine:

Trump is forever be known in history as being impeached. This stain will NEVER leave his presidency. SO MUCH WINNING!

2 Likes

You should wait until after the vote next week for the victory lap.

We have been programmed to think Pelosi never loses a vote…I have been taught that there is a first time for everything and never count those chicks before they hatch.

:hatching_chick:

1 Like

Are you saying the impeachment vote will fail? :joy:

Do you also believe Trump’s phone call was “perfect”? :joy:

Do you consider the behavior in the video as following US Constitutional law?

I find it to be an act of lawlessness and contempt for our laws.

What am I missing?

:desert_island:

I don’t know why she changed her mind, she was correct in her analogy and she has been in politics a long time and sat through the Clinton impeachment.

Not sure guess will see if it bears the political fruits the democrats are hoping it will.