No Bail and God's Law

I thought the OT was not to be taken literally because of stories with talking snakes and wooden boats with two of every species on the planet.

1 Like

The entire Old Testament is not to be taken literally because of some of its stories? “Bible” is a collection of books…like a library. No one holds the opinion that because a library contains story books, this means the definitions in its copy of Webster’s Dictionary should not be taken literally.

How do you know the oxen thing is real or just a story?

Who chooses what is literally God’s word and what is just a story?

Mercy over making a name.

Convenience

When you go to the library, can you distinguish the difference between a book on the law and a book of stories?

Even stories contain the word/lessons of God. For example, the story of Noah has many great themes/lessons/realities. Yet all some get from it is, “God is a meanie!” (They apparently base this on their belief that God causes natural disasters. My solution to this is to send them to a science class.) :wink:

1 Like

OT provides laws on how to buy and sell slaves, quoting God.

Another masterful dodge

Yes. I consider genocide and mass murder mean.

God is responsible for the natural world he designed. Even if he uses natural processes to make them reality.

If I design a furnace that causes gas leaks, is it not my fault that an explosion happens because the explosion was natural?

I tend to believe if there is a God, that He acts as an absent landlord. He doesn’t intervene in the natural world.

1 Like

Right. Such deism I believe contradicts benevolence