Nike: Betsy Ross Flag vs the Stars and Bars . . . Confederate flag wins?

I’m going to agree with all of my conservative friends on this one. Kaepernick went too far and so did Nike. There is nothing wrong the Betsy Ross flag or any US flag. They are ALL legal to fly.

4 Likes

Agreed.
However, Nike is free to do as they please with their property.

Yes. True freedom means you are free to be a dumbass.

4 Likes

I hope Kap teams up with AOC on some event. Heads will explode.

3 Likes

Yes it does. Does Kaepernick get upset every time he hears the name of someone who was alive during that time?

I know! A spelling bee with teams!

The governor of Arizona pulled the deal it had with Nike that was going to bring 500 full time jobs. Take that libs!

1 Like

That is some hardcore virtue signaling

Yes, Colin is good at it. I like him, don’t you?

From the South Carolina ratification debates with regard to paper money.

With regard to Mr. Lowndes’s question, “What harm had paper money done?” General Pinckney answered, that he wondered that gentleman should ask such a question, as he had told the house that he had lost fifteen thousand guineas by depreciation; but he would tell the gentleman what further injuries it had done–it had corrupted the morals of the people; it had diverted them from the paths of honest industry to the ways of ruinous speculation; it had destroyed both public and private credit, and had brought total ruin on numberless widows and orphans."

JWK

“Of all the contrivances for cheating the laboring class of mankind, none have been more effectual than that which deludes them with paper money. This is the most effectual of inventions to fertilize the rich man’s field by the sweat of the poor man’s brow.”_____ Daniel Webster.

Yeah this is pretty stupid.

They have the right to be stupid, though.

Don’t like a private company’s decisions? Don’t buy their merchandise.

FREEBERTY

Capitalism is not an invention at all. It is the natural way of things. People have bartered and traded for things as long as there have been people. Capitalism takes place on it’s own. Without interference, it just happens.

You need to learn about the U.S. Flag code…Nike RIGHTFULLY pulled the sneaker because you cannot use the American flag in advertising or in commercial products. They got it right. You got it wrong. Stop disrespecting the American Flag and the U.S. Flag Code.

3 Likes

Of course it is an invention.

Do you think that the modern Capitalist system of debt fueled economies comes naturally?

How about Credit Default Swaps? That’s natural?

15 year fixed rate mortgages?

Futures Derivatives?

None of that is natural

It is all an invention.

That’s a good idea plenty of people in need would have np rocking a pair of shoes featuring that seamstress rebel Betsy Ross’s design.

Right wingers should burn their Nikes.

I thought they did already.

1 Like

No. I have a fairly expensive pair and am not burning anything. Will I purchase more? No.

Exactly. I have a nice Nike golf shirt from The Ocean Course, but I’m not buying anything else from them. I like other brands better in general, Like RLX, Galvin Green, and Peter Millar.