NHL Playoffs are here!

5, 6 or 7?

That Is the question.

As badly as I want Vegas to take home the Cup, I wonā€™t be broken-hearted if Ovechkin ends up winning it. The man deserves to be a champion.

I just really, really would rather he win it next year.

Unless Vegas gets their game back, this one may be over in five. The Caps are damn good right now.

1 Like

I would love to see Washington take this. They are overdue.

Caps look like they have no intention of letting up.

3-0 end of first period, Game 4.

Jaysus. I love Vegas, and I will always love Vegas. But the cheap-assed way they closed this game out really makes it hard to defend them. Way, way too many stupid penalties and way too much ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  trying to instigate things. They need to clean up their act to have any hope of winning game five.

Damn, this one hurts. On to the next one.

the Caps came out on fire last nightā€¦ i think Vegas wins the next one then the Caps close it out at home

I might die tonight.

(Funny how context changes a sentence. I type those same words over in Safe Haven, itā€™s cause for worry. Over here, we know itā€™s hyperbole. Mostly. :wink: )

1 Like

Congrats on Ovi and the Washington Capitals on winning the Stanley Cup. I had no dog in this fight, but Iā€™m so happy for them and their long-suffering fans.

What a run and 1st season for the Vegas Golden Knights. They will have tough act to follow next year with a target on their backs now and no longer sneak up on teams. They might struggle to make the playoffs next year. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

Who else will have a tougher act to follow besides the Golden Knights? The Seattle expansion team.

Hate that this season had ended.

Congrats, DC

Iā€™m still alive. Sad, but alive. Although seeing Ovechkin hoist the Cup definitely eased some of the pain. The man earned it, so despite my Vegas fandom Iā€™ll gladly celebrate Ovi getting his due.

Now then, is it hockey season yet?

Ray Bourqueā€™s win is still tops, even 17 years later.

1 Like

The Caps deserved it.

The Knights, nevertheless, earned a seat at the table.

You called it.

1 Like

Other than postgame highlights havenā€™t watched even a second of hockey in years. Canā€™t name a player on either team except Ovechin and Fleury and couldnā€™t pick either out of a lineup. That said, disappointed that Vegas didnā€™t complete the storybook ending of a championship for both an expansion team and a city devastated by tragedy.

LETā€™S GO CAPS!!! Ovi and Nick finally got one.
#ALLCAPS
#ROCKTHERED

Being a DC native and living in the DMV(DC area including Northern VA and Maryland) folks donā€™t understand how big this is. Iā€™ll be heading to the parade with my Nicklas Backstrom jersey. Thank you gentrification for making DCā€™s best team the Hockey team. LOL! Just kidding. Thatā€™s actually has been the running joke all through the playoffs.

1 Like

Dude, have fun. Had the Knights pulled it out, Iā€™d have done everything humanly possible to make it down to Vegas for tne parade. Congratulations man, you guys earned this one.

1 Like

Thanks!
Iā€™ve kept an eye on the Golden Knights all season because of George McPhee. He did a great job here in DC and did an outstanding job with Vegas this year. That team is dangerous and have a really good core of players. Plus you guys have exceptional team speed.

I explained exactly that to my dad, who, before this series was at best a casual fan. I told him Vegas was fast and skilled with the puck, but the Caps had the kind of brusing aggression that could neutralize that. And boy did they ever.

In somewhat of a sports rarity, Iā€™m sad my team didnā€™t win but thrilled that the opponents won. Oh, and my dad? Heā€™s hooked. We sat and watched the entire series together. Damn, I love hockey.