NHL Playoffs are here!

No hearing for Wilson.

I’m done watching the series. I just hope no one else from the Penguins gets hurt, since the Capitals can literally do anything with zero repercussions.

Congrats Capitals.

The hit to Wennberg in the first round (with Ovi as Wilson’s partner in crime as well) was more blatant than this one, and Wilson got no suspension.

I’m not holding my breath…

I missed this post and just saw that on Twitter.

Not surprised.

It’s confirmed- no hearing, no supplemental discipline at all.

Penguin opponents have free reign to do whatever the hell they want to the Penguins.

Brown cross checking Schultz face-first into the boards- no supplemental discipline. Giroux hitting Hagelin square in the mouth causing his extended absence- nothing. Wilson hitting Dumoulin square in the head, primary point of contact- not even a penalty.

Penguins opponents have free reign to do whatever the ■■■■ they want. I’ll honestly be surprised if the Penguins get ANY calls in their favor, much less a power play, the rest of the series.

■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■

Maybe someone will hit Crosby in the head and end his career. With no repercussions, since that’s what they seem to want.

Very fortuitous - I have calculus tonight so I wouldn’t be able to watch the first part of the game anyway.

After Wilson getting off without any punishment for hitting a penguin directly in the head, I have no desire to watch the rest of the series since Washington will be able to injure without fear of repercussions.

At least there was a token penalty or fine in some of the previous incidents- that’s out the window now and all Penguins are fair game for having their heads targeted. It will be ugly, and Washington knows they can get away with it.

No desire to watch the carnage.

Just got back and see that Washington’s up and has continuous power plays- checked the box score. Also the same referee from the previous game, so I guess it’s to be expected that Washington is getting all the calls.

Must be nice to be them.

Well I saw the highlights- I was going to ask who Wilson hit in the head last night prior to perusing the headlines,but I see that it’s Aston-Reese.

2 games, 2 head shots, zero repercussions. Make that 3 head shots in the last five games for Wilson- not a peep from anyone in the league.

Glad I’m not watching this series anymore. I’d get too pissed off- it’s not even fun when the Capitals can literally do anything to the Penguins and not even get a minor penalty. Nothing ■■■■■■■ called

Bull ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ the league is serious about head shots. No one has come close to the suspension Matt Cooke received when he was a member of the Penguins and a repeat offender. Marchand elbows someone deliberately in the face- doesn’t come close to 17 game suspension. Tom Wilson hits 3 heads in five games, not even a look by the league. ■■■■ this ■■■■■ The league hates the Penguins and doesn’t give a damn if any of them get injured. They’re not serious at all.

that goal by Ovi was awesome…

Vegas. Golden. Knights. Four more wins, and let’s bring that gorgeous Cup down to the Strip!

Go Bolts!!!

1 Like

Hopefully they [the Lightning] close it out Monday. I heard Dave Mishkin is on the list for a lung transplant after Saturday nights game.

JWK

Doesn’t look like there’s much stopping that from happening. I don’t think either the Lightning or the Caps are capable of giving the Knights a harder challenge than the Jets did.

I think either team that survives would fight hard to not be the team that lost the Cup to an expansion franchise. So I figure that counts for something. But Vegas is legit, and they’ll be tough to beat.

Also, thanks for the assist, @GWH . I won’t let it happen again. :grinning:

No worries. I think I fixed it.

The Golden Knights became the 2nd expansion team in the 4 major sports league (NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA) to reach the championship in their first year of existence since the 1967-68 St. Louis Blues.

One have to wonder if it’s better, in the long run, for the Knights to struggle early and built the team with draft picks or win now and possibly struggle afterwards.

Whatever, I hope they don’t face the same problems like the Coyotes in Arizona.

I’ve been back and forth on that same issue. Will quick success jade the fanbase so that when the lean years come, many will bail? Or does contending right out of the gate build excitement in what may have otherwise been a unenthusiastic hockey market?

Me? I’m a Blackhawks fan since childhood who found his peacful hockey life torn apart when his spiritual hometown was awarded a team of their own. Point is, I’m used to waiting a long time for a Cup. So I say win it when you can, and let history sort out the rest. I know I’ll still be a Knights fan when they hit hard times.

Nice to see the Washington reach the final round at last. I’ve got nothing invested in either team, just hoping for a good series between the Caps and the Knights.

1 Like

this may sound crazy but im rooting for both teams… I want Ovi to get it of course but the Vegas story is monumental

1 Like