Next stop (most likely) court -- Dem's don't get Don's taxes by deadline

This is what I’ve been saying.

If Mueller didn’t get the tax records of Trump (but a lot of his associates in trying to prove collusion), then he is completely incompetent. Yet I have yet to have any lib admit they think Mueller was incompetent.

1 Like

Cant know for sure what Mueller did until we read his report. Assuming if Mueller did and did find discrepancies, I wonder if he would farm it out to SDNY to further investigate.

We can’t know for sure but it’s a pretty safe bet he did. It’s a near certainty.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-09-18/robert-mueller-likely-has-donald-trumps-tax-returns

Where are you getting the 151 million number. You may be right, but it is hard to believe. There are 330 million people in this country. Many are retired or children who do not file taxes., on Apr 26th, 2017 the IRS reported that they had processed 135.6 million returns for the year. Your number of 151 million is 15 million more returns than the IRS processed for a year. So you are thinking they gave congress every return filed along with an extra 15 million from different years?

1 Like

So you think their is going to be a judge to jail the president or the Mnuchin if they dont comply other than the SC?

And that they went through each line by line, number by number trying to find dirt on them, anything they could use politically?

DEm might become more popular if they started trying to govern instead of attempting coups…

1 Like

Dems are passing tons of great legislation out of the House.

Just passed net neutrality a few days ago.

Someone wake up Grandpa Mitch and tell him.

3 Likes

Yeah, but trump lies. A lot.

seems prudent to verify the claims of a guy who lies so much.

And heck, if there is nothing there, it will be a big win for him.

Except that the Constitution doesn’t give the Congress authority to harass political oponents as part of their legislative responsibility.

Obviously it does. You should have noticed unless you’ve been asleep for the last few decades.

You are asking the courts to completely ignore the real reason the House Dems want to get hold of Trump’s taxes, and that is to find some sort of ammunition they can use for 2020.

I wholeheartedly endorse calling him “the Mnuchin” from now on.

Irony is ironic.

1 Like

The IRS is required to report the number of disclosures each year. The house ways and means committee published a nice report in feb that includes the report from the IRS. There report is here:
https://www.jct.gov/publications.html?func=startdown&id=5159

go to page 53…

If you add the disclosures for IRS subsection (f) (congressional committees) the total is 151,806,604.

The courts don’t decide on what the “real” reason Congress is exerting their legal and constitutional powers.

Where does it say the need them for any rrason in the law. Just that they can request them

If they are asked to enforce a subpoena they have to make decisions on what those legal and constitutional powers are.
Justice doesn’t need to be both blind and stupid.

What authority they have comes from the Constitution.

Now sure they can request anything. So can I.

There is no subpoena. The letter of the law is entirely clear. This is entirely within the power of Congress.

The courts are only asked to recognize what the law states and its unequivocal.