Newspaper Endorsements

Are they relevant anymore? You can guarantee who a newspaper is going to endorse by their political leanings. The NY Times hasn’t endorsed a republican since the 1950s.

I saw today that The NY Times has endorsed two democrats (Warren, Klobuchar) and I’m not really sure why. They’re so enamored they just can’t pick one?

Why are these relevant at all? They do nothing but turn off readers who can be swayed by their ideological leanings.

I have no idea why the times decided they needed to make an endorsement in the primaries at this time. Or at any time during the primaries. It makes no sense and kind of ticks me off.

I heard that in 2018 the nyt told warren that a woman can’t win the presidency.

#neverwarren

1 Like

What about during the presidential election? I know they’re going to endorse the democrat… that doesn’t want to make me read the times or editorials- I don’t want to be lectured by a bunch of left-wingers. What purpose do they serve?

I’ve heard that rumor floating around too. :sunglasses:

I pay no attention to them. They are almost all left wing papers now.

They had a nice conservative paper in Nashville at one time but the lib paper bought them out and closed them the very next day.

All too much of that has gone on across the country i think.

Does anyone honestly care what some newspaper says?

Everyone’s just too stupid to know what’s best for them. We need ultra liberals in an ivory tower telling us who we should vote for.

Seems like The NY Times is quite out of touch based on their picks.

Yes. They’re called sheople and these sources are their feeding troughs.

The WSJ is a left wing newspaper?

Are newspaper endorsements relevant? In 2016 90% of newspapers endorsed Hillary.

90 percent endorsed Hillary because 90 percent are left wing.

They are irrelevant these days.

Credibility matters after the Russian collusion hoax and these two Networks have zero!

As a youth and young adult i read the local paper daily.

It has gotten so partisan and one sided among Papers that i don’t even glance at them anymore.

Haven’t read one in many years now.

You must have been reading Murdoch’s newspapers.

1 Like

Like you don’t know The NY Times will never endorse a republican. Ever.

Clinton won support from not only traditionally Democratic-leaning newspapers, but also traditionally non-political and conservative newspapers,[1][2]including those that had “…either never before supported a Democrat or had not in many decades … or had never endorsed any presidential candidate, like USA Today .”[1]Many newspapers that endorsed Clinton encouraged readers to vote for her primarily, if not solely, to prevent Trump from being elected president. That a handful of newspapers endorsed third partycandidates, including independent candidate Evan McMullin as well as Johnson, broke from the usual practice of newspaper editorial boards endorsing only a candidate from one of the two major parties.[2][8]

For additional context.

On what basis do you make that claim?

The past 60 years.

Your claim was that I would know.