Newest trailer for Dune

This may be a Lucy and the football type situation, but I am super excited for this movie!

I really hope they do it justice. Check out the sand worm at the very end of the trailer.:+1:

1 Like

I can’t wait. Dune is my favorite novel of all time. From what I’m understanding though the movie ends shortly after Paul arrives at Sietch Tabr. So, hopefully this does well enough to support a sequel.

1 Like

That looks like an awful lot to pack into one movie. Is this going to be a trilogy?

It is totally my favorite Sci fi novel.

Sequel: fingers crossed. Hope for a trilogy.

1 Like

I think it’s gonna be wait and see. The first movie sucked, but the miniseries was okay.

Hopefully the third time will be the charm!
:pray:

2 Likes

The one think I absolutely love about the mini series’ is the soundtrack to Children of Dune. It’s epic.

There’s an HBO prequel series in the work too. Dennis Villeneuve is signed on to direct the pilot.

2 Likes

"He is the Kwizatz Haderach
He is born of Caladan
And will take the Gom Jabbar

He has the power to foresee
Or to look into the past
He is the ruler of the stars"

- Iron Maiden, 1983
To Tame A Land

2 Likes

My favorite book… musically translated by one of my favorite bands.

1 Like

And a damned fine Film, with a great cast, and Director derived therefrom.

2 Likes

Dune deserves a good movie for how amazing the book is.

3 Likes

It really does. And Dennis Villeneuve is exactly the person I want to do it.

2 Likes

It was a stunning score for a low budget SyFy miniseries. Brian Tyler got big budget work pretty fast afterward.

2 Likes

There is nobody better suited to that material in today’s Hollywood. If this one doesn’t work, it’s truly unadaptable.

2 Likes

This one is my favorite.

2 Likes

There’s just so much in that score. It outclasses that miniseries.

2 Likes

:metal::metal::metal:

Top 3 favorites

1 Like

If they give him 3 movies and LotR money, I have high hopes

2 Likes

I’d like to see them do it justice I would have loved it get the attention of a game of thrones tv series the books are excellent and a huge world not sure the big screen can get it right but I hope they do this time.

1 Like

It’s split into two parts. Supposedly, the first is relatively self-contained based on where they split it, but HBO Max and covid have thrown a massive wrench into theatrical releases these days, so who knows.

Well, I don’t mind telling you, I have high hopes, but am prepared to be bummed out.

1 Like