New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

So in other words, you can’t explain the philosophical difference between your Parties. That’s what I thought. I guess we will just have to be content with you saying “You are wrong” and “I’m sorry for your ignorance.” It’s like talking to a stubborn 10-year old.

I bet you think that’s clever, don’t you.

Then why won’t you respond to legitimate questions?

That’s another point you won’t respond to … why do you think that matters? You have repeated that statement several times without ever explaining why you think it’s pertinent to anything relevant to the discussion. As far as I can tell, if anything, it confirms what I have said all all along … Australia has become a nation of sheep.

You ought not to transfer your ignorance of Australian political parties and politics to others.

It matters because it will impact on that particular party getting a quota.

You ought to explain your reasoning rather than simply tell someone they are wrong. Such juvenile responses do not advance the discussion.

When the differences between the political philosophy of each Party is so slight, it doesn’t matter which one holds power.

The right to keep and bear arms predates the United States and Australia.

It was the right of Englishmen.

Unfortunately the mother country, as well as most of her children, sold out their rights for a false sense of security. Which is a shame.

2 Likes

What’s false about it?

People are still being murdered there.

People still get murdered by criminals with guns in those nations.

So yeah. It’s a false sense of security.

People are still being murdered here so the 2nd doing a greaaate job.

People feel secure here because of the 2nd, yet people still get murdered by criminals with guns so ours is false too.

I accept that your life is never secure.

I see my firearm as a way to at least have a chance.

Those without means to defend theirselves have no chance.

Basically where I am at; we long since passed any point where that wasn’t the correct personal decision.

So then why would you think doing the same thing as they did would produce a different result here? Clearly, guns are not the cause of the murders.

You do not have the slightest idea of the differences between the LNP and the ALP… However, both sides of politics support our gun laws save one political party that tried to get in bed with the NRA. This attempt to get in bed has resulted in a significant drop in support for that party.

Not a reason.

Pure unadulterated nonsense.

What about the Welsh? What about the Scots? What about the Irish?