New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

It’s funny how those who would surrender their individual rights in exchange for a false sense of security can claim the opposition to that idiocy are scared.

1 Like

Excuse me…I meant NZ, not Australia. I’ve provided the basis for WRs post but I do not know if the gun used was a fully automatic weapon. I also don’t know if NZ has laws against them but I’m not aware of any countries that permit fully automatic weapons.

A lot of words to once again refuse to answer a simple, direct question. It’s such a waste of time when you work so tirelessly to say nothing. Ever.

Accepted we all have typos on occasions. Let me clarify this for you. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has stated that the guns were legally purchased. She said the gun(s) appeared to have been modified. She indicated that this will be a consideration. She also stated unequivocally and unambiguously that the NZ gun laws WILL be changed. I have capitalised will to highlight the resolve of the NZ PM that they would be changed. I believe the NZ AG may have made an announcement about some changes.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

Is NZ and Australia the USA?

I presume it was a rhetorical question. In case you don’t know, the answer is no.

So why should we model our laws off theirs?

I didn’t actually start this topic. I expect the motivation was that the poster sees the need to change your gun laws.

Yes, there is that school of thought. And the fact that is proponents only apply it’s ideas to rights guaranteed under the 2nd amendment, rather then applying them universally to all rights, is the most glaring evidence of it’s inherent idiocy.

Fear, insecurity and a desperate need to do something to make us feel better.

Thanks Tguns.

No problem.

They have less gun violence than we do, their doing something we aren’t.

They also have a lot less people and territory than us. And a different style of governance than us.

Perhaps what they are doing, and we are not, is fostering a less violent population. Granted, I’m not sure how it is there, but here we have a political idealogy that promotes the idea of killing babies out of convenience. We even have politicians actively formulating laws to make it easier to do so. What better way is there to foment a violent populace then by espousing it is their right to kill their own babies for convenience?

1 Like

Sure you do. You are…

How free when goverment using it’s powers to suppress and violate our rights as we witnessed with CIA, NSA, CoJ and FBI?

1 Like

Except we don’t.

Not this ■■■■ again.

Since you’re not American can you tell us your reason behind the BoR’s

1 Like

I used to live there. Once a couple of kids stole a bunch of clothes from my washing line. I caught them later in the Christchurch wearing my clothes! I harassed them until they went to the Cop Shop in the Square to complain I was harassing them. The Cops called my girlfriend who described my clothes. I was wearing a Christian T shirt (St Peter in a big wave without aboard surfing) at the time. The Cops drove all of us out to their home in the boonies.
Barged into their home. Let me rifle through all of their things and claim anything I wanted. Asked me if I wanted to be in the room with one of them handcuffed (So I coud beat him up a bit) I declined. And we all laughed on our way back to the station. True Story

1 Like