New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

The first simple, direct question was mine. You haven’t answered.

Freedom from:

Not “freedoms”.

If it is not expressly illegal, it is legal. Fundamental principle. American Exceptionalism.

Freedom from: the premise of the Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights.

What do laws and regulations do at the core? Are there more or less now than at any time in history? How many central government laws are there?

You want to discuss it? Stop asking for a numbered list. You are leading yourself down the path to Argumentum Ad Ignorantium by refusing to acknowledge the evidence. Attempting to reduce a very complex situation to a simple list and “Nuh uh!” I won’t help you ignore the drift into failure.

Incrementalism is a fact. Government lives by it. It feeds the machine. Incrementalism and adaptation (acceptance) to it are requirements for drift into failure.

Freedom from government intrusion beyond the scope of clearly defined delegations of authority in spite of clear prohibitions of same.

1. Probable cause vs. Reasonable suspicion.
  2. “Public safety”
  3. Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3

Among others. There’s your list.

1 Like

What firearms do you want to grab? Ban? How will you get everyone who owns a firearm on to your national registry with DNA, fingerprints, retina scans, etc.?

How much will it cost to get a license to own a firearm? Do I need to buy one for every firearm I own? Will I need to check in with someone every time I plan to use it? Every time I go hunting?

Will you go house by house throughout America to kick down every door to ensure every firearm is accounted for?

Yeah, there’s not much difference between NZ and the US, is there?

Well.

By your logic, since we have already infringed on Japanese americans rights, that’s justification for us to do it again and go farther.

Love it. And the root problem with stare decisis.

Nope the logic is the 2nd does not prevent govt tyranny.

I know I shouldn’t do this.

So by your “logic” if I provide one case where it did, you’re wrong and will stop posting nonsense.

There are no other cases.

I’m going to add this and it’s not your fault:

When you understand what Descartes and Newton have to do with this, you’ll start to understand.

Gun control legislation already exists. It allows possession of guns. There’s no 2nd Amendment restriction.

What is con logic?

Are there more amendments besides the first 10?

Who is violating your rights?

Advocating more what?

The restricting of law abiding citizens to protect themselves from those that are not.

WR please provide the evidence that backs your assertion that the gun was already illegal in NZ.

I believe there is a school of thought that the USA constitution should be interpreted in an historical context rather than taking into consideration contemporary views and opinions. If that is correct then perhaps the 2A should be limited to the historical guns available at that time.

Was Descartes a citizen of the USA?

Was there a gun used in this massacre that was a fully automatic weapon vs a semiautomatic weapon? A semiautomatic weapon is legal where as a fully automatic weapon, is not in the United States. If Australia has the same laws and the gun used was fully automatic, then the gun was illegal or modified into an illegal weapon.

Smyrna please provide evidence that you know more than NZPM Jacinda Ardern.

You might also explain how USA or Australia gun laws have to do with NZ gun laws.