New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Do you think he is interested in facts?

That’s exactly correct.

This sums it up nicely…

It’s what I hear the hoplophobes saying every time they start this.

I used to like that movie.

Sorry. But you know it’s true.

You’re a bully with bouncing balls or something.

No egg was thrown. Facts do matter.

To the last 10 or so posts from the desperate posters who are trying to prove yet so starkly failing to do so the INCORRECT ASSERTION “The police are the government”. There is not a scintilla of proof in any of those posts.

It has now reached the stage of much amusement to me the increasingly more desperate attempts to prove “up is down”. One ought to ring the RSPCA to report the continual flogging of a dead horse.

The only desperation on display here is your own. By definition the police are agents of the gov’t and the enforcement arm of same.

The assertion was "“The police are the government”. This is clearly and demonstrably NOT TRUE. 4.7 billion (UK) posts of similar ilk to the above post will not make it true.

If it’s “demonstrably not true” why haven’t you demonstrated it?

The facts show you to be wrong, we all know it.

Nothing you or any other poster has posted have proven the assertion is correct.

Well except both the dictionary definitions and Australian law.

Australian law? Alice in Wonderland stuff.

This is true in the shooting on the island. He dressed as a police officer and wasn’t questioned about his identity until they had already crossed over to the island. At that point he shot point blank the two people who ferried him over and went on a 2 hour shooting spree, a lot of the kids there thought it was and attack against them by the police since he was wearing a police uniform.

Yep and just one person armed and willing to step up to stop him could have very well changed the outcome dramatically that day.

Since no one was, it became the worst mass shooting by a single individual in history.

You are right. It was worse than that. He snuck up from behind and struck him on the head with an egg in his hand. That’s assault and battery; a very serious crime in this country. That you and your countrymen find that action laudable is far more despicable than anything the Senator said.

Is your police force part of private sector? If not, they are representatives of the government. Your continued denial of that fact is pathetic.

Finally, something we can agree on. :wink:

Neither a foreign national like nor an Aussie like me determine who is or is not charged. As for the rest of your diatribe i quote eggboy thus:

"I’m so humbled to be able to shed more light in response to the Christchurch shootings. My heart goes out to all who are suffering. I’ve had one lady from Christchurch tell me that through this period of darkness in her life, it’s the first time she’s smiled since the shootings, which meant so much to me.

Do not, nor ever presume, to speak for me.