New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Everyone who works for the government is the government. Without employees to carry out its policies, “the government” is just a name on paper.

Oh for Christ’s sake, stop with the OED crap!

One of the most patently nonsensical arguments I have ever had the misfortune to read.

From his international travels he was spoiled rich kid that had everything given to him.

It was obvious long ago he has nothing of substance to offer on the topic.

WildRose I have previously told you that I will NOT be bullied by you or any other poster on this forum.

Youe lack of knowledge of how things work in Australia and New Zealand is obvious from several of your posts.

You’re correct, my response was on how they would have been hard to catch. Specifically Breivik, his killings hit home as I have family ties in Norway. He rented a farm to build his bomb while even planting crops so the neighbors wouldn’t get suspicious, passed every background check and gun training law in Norway to get a gun.

He told no one about his plans, masked his IP address, didn’t participate in any websites that might flag him, if he did he would drive to Oslo and do it and internet cafe or a restaurant. His friends had no clue, just like the guy in NZ.

These type of attacks are almost impossible to stop. Dylan Roof on the other hand should have been caught he told friends that he was going to shoot up a school, even though it ended up being a church others heard of his plans and didn’t report him.

You keep making this claim again and again but of course you have yet to show where myself or anyone else was wrong.

Clarification. That type of attack may be very difficult to prevent since he didn’t give any outward indications prior to the attack but it would have been very easy to stop had there been anyone armed and prepared to deal with such a threat once he began.

It’s not an argument, it’s a fact. The Police are agents of the government.

If I had fear, insecurity and this desperate need I’d simply buy a gun. But I’m not scared.

It is very obvious your lack of knowledge fo Aussie society and institutions.

For a perspective of the egging of the politician please see statement below from eggboy (Will):

"To my family, friends and people around the world, I would like to thank everyone for all the overwhelming support.

I’m so proud to stand for what is right and I encourage everyone to stand up for what you all believe in. I do not condone violence and I do not condone egging someone, and everyone has a right to an opinion, but as I listened to Senator Anning for over an hour, I realised a point had to be made and if no one was going to do anything, then I was.

I’m so humbled to be able to shed more light in response to the Christchurch shootings. My heart goes out to all who are suffering. I’ve had one lady from Christchurch tell me that through this period of darkness in her life, it’s the first time she’s smiled since the shootings, which meant so much to me.

The main focus here has to be the people who are suffering and the issue at hand, and I’m really happy it has united people the way it has.

I will continue to try and make the world a better place and I hope the end of racism is on the horizon. Keep spreading the love "

If you can show that the Police in Australia don’t work for government, I will apologize. If you can’t, you should just stop pretending that you are right.

Great rationale for assaulting someone … “he made me do it.”

He’s a millennial so I can understand that, but others lauding him as a hero is inexcusable.

Fear, insecurity and a desperate need to do something is precisely what the idea of limiting gun rights is based on.

…well, that and ignorance.

2 Likes

You keep parroting that line but have yet to show where he, I, or anyone else is wrong on this point.

It’s all he has to cling to apparently. The facts certainly don’t support his claims.

Throwing eggs is not standing for what is right. It is an act of immaturity by a petulant child.

Allow me:

The Australian Federal Police is the national and principal federal law enforcement agency of the Australian Government
Australian Federal Police - Wikipedia

Law enforcement in Australia is one of the three major components of the country’s justice system, along with courts and corrections. There are law enforcement officers employed by all three levels of government – federal, state / territory, and local.

I think wikipedia is sufficient in this case.