New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

You do know that Australia…your beloved goverment never adopted a Bill of Rights. But what limited rights you do have had to go through legislation…meaning your goverment gave you those rights.

We on other hand our goverment is prevented from violating those rights or there would be no goverment. Do you understand? Their would be no Constitution without promise of BoR’s because 4 states where holding out.

Don’t feel bad if you can’t grasp that concept…lot of Americans can’t either.

They don’t even understand the concept of unalienable rights. They are a nation founded by subjects and the offspring of criminals who still bow to the Queen.

If not for the US the national language of Australia would be Japanese, same for NZ.

The absolute irony and I quote “We know better.” (sic)

I suggest you find a tennis ball because as I have told you before I don’t bounce.

I would also correct a statement that you made which is not true. I am not hoping that NZ will strengthen their gun laws. I KNOW that they are actively strengthening their gun laws.

You also do not understand Australia’s laws with respect to self-defence and there would be very few situations where the use of a semi-automatic would be legal in Australia.

See i heard you like to disagree with your wife…

One struggles to take the above post seriously when you start with “your beloved government”. I am ABSOLUTELY no fan of the current Australian federal government I am looking forward to voting at our next federal election due around May to kick the current government out.

You obviously don’t realise that Australians support 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act.

As a multiple gun owner here in the US I appreciate reading your perspective as an Aussie.

Wrong.

Australian self defense law is pretty basic. What is it you think I don’t understand?

Still waiting.

The Constitution could not have been ratified without the BOR.

Thanks kermode I am sure many Americans would like a reaction similar to NZ in the USA

And until there are enough to repeal the 2nd Amendment it isn’t going to happen.

By the way did the 18-29 age group have a significant increase in the turnout in the 2018 midterms?

Your country is surrounded by water, these assault guns you refer to are not as easy to get there as they are in other countries. Look at the attacks in Europe over the last few years Ak-47’s flow in from the former Balkan states after the war in the 90’s. It’s almost impossible to get a grenade in America but they go off all the time in Sweden. Again all remnants of the former Balkans war.

You can ignore it if you like but geography is a big deal, we have some of the most violent cities in the world south of our Border (were most of our drugs come from). Most Western Europe have gun laws but the criminals have np whatsoever getting these guns (yesterdays terrorist attack in the Netherlands). But notice how we don’t hear as much about guns into the U.K. and Japan because again they are surround by water, which makes it a lot more difficult to bring deadly arms in.

You can fairly compare NZ and Australia (both countries surrounded by water) but you can’t make the same comparisons to other countries they have different problems.

Australian self defense law is pretty basic. What is it you think I don’t understand?

Still waiting.

And even at that they still can’t keep dedicated criminals from getting their hands on the dreaded semi auto’s.

Explain Australia’s self-defence laws.

Japan is a good model, completely surround by ocean - very restricted gun laws. The only people who have them are the mafia and the police. Anyone else would have to try to get one off the dark web or some other method that would involve it being shipped in or buying it off the streets.

French police reportedly seized more than 1,500 illegal weapons in 2009 and no fewer than 2,700 in 2010. The number of illegal guns in France has swollen by double-digit percentages annually for several years.

A Kalashnikov or a rocket launcher can be acquired for as little as 300 to 700 Euros in some parts of the EU, according to a Switzerland report there is an estimated 6 million of these weapons floating around in Europe all from the former Bosnian war. Supposedly in Sweden they will add a grenade for free when someone purchases a Kalashnikov since they are so many stockpiled.

WR the NZ Government is actively legislating to remove semi-automatics. It has been incorrectly asserted on this forum that they were illegal; they were not. But soon they will be.

Why are you dodging? You made the claim so support it if you can.

No, it’s been asserted that select fire weapons were illegal which they already are.