New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

As we can plainly see, I answered the question when I said I did. Glad we could agree. You obviously don’t understand the difference between freedom from and liberty to - a core principle of conservatism and libertarianism. You have resorted to personal attacks in an attempt to save face.

You are begging the question with fingers in ears. I already explained why your attempts at reductionism will not work in this case.

I understand your frustration, the indoctrination makes it difficult to understand fundamental principles.

Nah. You’ve danced around the issue for days. It’s what you do. Ask questions. Never answer them directly. It’s a waste of time. Have the last word now.

You’re not prepared. A conservative or libertarian would be.

Freedom from

Liberty to

The very core of the founding.

“Nah” - how pathetic.

An unarmed populace is ultimately a vulnerable populace.

Vulnerable to tyranny by the mob or the state.

There’s a reason black men tried their best to arm theirselves during the late 19th and early 20th century. In the south they were vulnerable to both state sanctioned violence and mob incited violence.

1 Like

And when they did arm themselves, often the results were shocking. To their oppressors.

Do you dispute that blacks people needed permits to carry guns before and after the Civil War?

Read the book.

Don’t have it. If that book is telling you states didn’t curtail black’s rights to own guns you may want to reconsider the validity of your source. Try this:

Validity of the source? With wikipedia?

Would you like me to send you one?

Yes, they were supposed to have permits. They did it anyway.

Here’s another source.

You can go to the wiki and see their sources.

And yet, they did it anyway.

Is your point that gun control is racist? If so, you win.

I read the book.

So you admit you were wrong here?

Sorry guns aren’t necessary.

Yes. Happy?

We’re good. Did your source claim they didn’t need permits?

Regardless, I am interested in the history and the book you mentioned sounds good. Next time I’m at the library I’ll see if I can get it.

Everything. Firearms have Everything to do with free will and self security.

:gun:

1 Like

Your results may vary.

A lot of dead people over the last 200 years would beg to disagree.