New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

What do you want to do about it?

I have no solution im just s 30 year old Canadian

Citizens of the united states of America.

In “The right of The People to Keep and Bear Arms,Shall not be Infringed” could someone please explain to me who are “The People”?

Sorry no celebration.

So we’re going to…

In 1910, we would have had more freedom to build whatever structures we wanted on our land, stuff like that, any everything else you can think of that is now objectively harder to do because of more statutes, ordinances, and regulations. Yes.

But in 1910, women could not vote, blacks would be Jim Crowed for another 60 years, and many whites had far less economic freedom than they do now.

I think y’all may be arguing past each other simply because one of you is referring to freedom in the context of paragraph A while the other is referring to freedom in the context of paragraph B.

Just my two cents.

Oh it was…you try to have a good night

Could the argument be made that we actually have more freedom to bear arms today than we did in say 1787-now because, on a practical level, they are so much easier to acquire (in so many different varieties) and en masse?

Has the Second Amendment ever been in better shape?

His right to bear is abridged by having to get a license to carry legally. Prior restraint.

1 Like

You’re the one dragging the bodies through the streets to make political hay so yes, they are your trophies.

Close, try again. See Heller.

Try reading it for yourself.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZO.html

That’s nonsense. We have an entire state in which there have been zero permits issued for legal carry while the same state requires a license to do so.

We have sheriff’s in CA that openly brag about never allowing a permit to be issued in their jurisdiction.

In 1787 you didn’t need a permit period.

Nope that’s who the people are.

No it isn’t, cite your source.

So they would be citizens and non-citizens then.

So you are incapable of providing the answer? Duly noted.

True.

True or False: Has the country gotten more complex with the advent of manufacturing and technology which requires more laws, regulatory agencies, statutes and permits?

Z[quote=“WildRose, post:258, topic:166036”]
In 1787 you didn’t need a permit period.
[/quote]

Black people in southern states didn’t require permits?