New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

That is debatable and depends on which moralized view of freedom a person holds.

Again, you make it personal.

I did answer that question and very clearly. Freedom from. You are confusing “freedom from” and “liberty to”. Very common result of the US public education system and the revisionist myths taught therein. Also Descartes and Newton. No mathematical equations here.

This is a conservative concept. The very heart of conservatism in fact.

1 Like

Good Lord.

Our gun laws are not going to change much. The firearm homicides and mass shootings will continue.

Then let us debate. Are you ignoring the context?

Not that I think it’s a subjective matter, but, if you’ll excuse my use of snark to express this, did you pull out some sort of freedom-o-meter to ascertain this?

NO. This is at the heart of a certain fantasy and mythology. Nothing more.

I won’t excuse it, it’s beneath you.

True or False: There are more laws, regulatory agencies, statutes and permits than ever before in this country?

This conversation is above your level of preparation now.

:joy: Wouldn’t you like to believe so.

I know so. I would like you to believe so.

Ah…the classic sneaky " i have nothing so ill just act all shocked and blah blah blah"…

We are less free…lol…just took yourself out of this conversation…

Guess again.

Yeah, that’s what it was.

No guessing to it. It’s obvious.

You know, you’re the only one that believes what you think is obvious. :smirk:

“Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.” - William Penn

I remember this old electrician from Poland. I use to joke around with him and call him a commie.

He tells me you silly American claim you’e free…you ani’t free. We had more freedom in Poland under communist rule ten here. You may not speak out against the goverment but you were free to just about anything without dealing with regulation. He told me your building code have more rules nd regulations then entire Poland goverment.

I didn’t know if he was right…or hit him with my hammer.

I decided he was right…and it alter my perception.

This has nothing to do with gun laws, it has everything to do with the growing normalization of anti-migrant propaganda.

I know this is hard for some…but it’s growing disrespect for culture differences.