New Zealand: "Our gun laws will change." Why them and not us?

Point taken and agreed. I figured someone would jump on that. There are of course, collective exceptions in our history.

No he didn’t. Your personal attacks aside. I asked what specific freedoms does he wish to have now that he doesn’t and that Americans used to have in the past. Go ahead and name the specific ones he listed if you think he answered the question. Also, which post?

Does Sneaky live in NY? Has his freedom been abridged by that law?

Your entire MO around here is to refuse to answer others questions. You only want to pose them. And if the discussion is high around here it certainly isn’t from your continued refusal to answer a direct and specific, simple question.

And your post to Sneaky wasn’t a personal attack?

Or is that speak of “real” conservative?

So no post number or specific example to show? Kind of what I thought. Thanks for playing.

I answered your question. You didn’t like the answer, not my problem. Complex situations don’t allow for reductionism. Insisting on doing so leads to drifting to failure. Newton and Descartes can’t help here.

Why are you making this personal?

Let it go please.

Actually I did answer that question. And it’s not “freedoms”. In this context it is singular.

There are some states where I cannot carry a handgun without going through insane hoops to let law enforcement decide if I have a need to carry a handgun.

That is infringing upon the second. It’s prior restraint.

I disagree. You stated that it was undeniable that we have less freedom today than at any other time in American history. I asked you to define this absolute statement with specific examples of what freedom used to exist for people, that you wish to still possess today. And rather than expound upon what informs your position, as my specific question sought to do, you instead obfuscate and ask your own questions and refuse to actually participate in the discussion.

It’s fine. Everyone else can read. It’s not like it’s uncommon as a tactic for you.

I suspect you made a broad statement based on emotion and there aren’t actually any specific freedoms in your personal life that you yearn for that you feel don’t exist today as they did in a time long since passed.

Ignores history? What history? Qe have the right to regulate guns…too bad.

I mean we had that whole salvery and 2/3rd thing…women not being able to vote…
Civil rights…etc…but poor victims and their guns

And don’t forget women, in general. And how about women in the military that still fight a silent battle.

Yes, we do…we even have marches in celebration of our right to kill fot convenience.

We being non self inclusive in this context, as I find such celebration sick and abhorrent.

So long as some of us are subjugated to their own irrational insecurity issues, they will continue to insist on surrendering our rights in hopes of placating their icky feelings.

Describe a man when a Musician wears pajamas with their name on them and hope to extend their current capacity?

What’s so terrible about NZ ? Seemed like a lovely country to me when I visited. Beautiful scenery and friendly people.

Also, despite the latest headlines, violent crime rates are relatively low. All in all, a safe country.

No one is saying they are trophies.

Thank goodness a 7 yr old never who was killed has to worry about bills or life problems.

This apples to oranges comparison is old.