New Yorker Magazine Fact Checker Talia Lavin Resigns After Calling ICE Agent a Nazi

The irony of her being a “fact checker” is too funny. If her resignation wasn’t forced and her apology was sincere, I hope she learned a valuable lesson that will take her to a better place?

Where did she claim that?

Heather Heyer definitely lost.

umm… lol. Did you type this with a straight face?

At least she has some honor, unlike 99.999% of Trumpists.

She resigned voluntarily

Um, it’s right in the Fox News article. “However I do not think it is acceptable for a federal agency to target a private citizen for a good faith, hastily rectified error.”

You’re a Nazi! That’s honorable?

So it’s good faith to call someone who isn’t a Nazi a Nazi?

Good to know.

That is literally the opposite of what i said. Are you intentionally misrepresenting what i said, or did you misread what i wrote? I’m not saying you’re a liar, but I would welcome you to offer an alternative explanation.

Nope. However, after it was pointed out that she had made a big mistake, she realized that it reflected poorly on her employer and resigned.

That was an honorable move. That’s something that Trumpists know nothing about. They have no honor.

Kudos for her apology & resignation, as well as to the New Yorker for distancing itself from her remarks on social media.

There should have been some fact checking before making such an assertion. Don’t law enforcement officers, if they notice a subject in their custody at booking, has tattoos, check those tattoos against known symbols of various gangs before asserting that that’s what they are?

There should have been similar fact checking on Ms. Levin’s part.

So it’s honorable to call someone a Nazi who isn’t. Got it. As long as what they do after is acceptable to you.

I already addressed your point. It is not okay to call somebody a Nazi based solely off an oddly shaped tattoo. Now had it been a swastika, I’d say it’s more likely that the person harbors Nazi sympathies, but I’d still need to do more digging.

However, she showed honor when she resigned her position with the New Yorker, as she knew her actions were shameful and diminished the publication.

So, now then, any more questions about that, or would you rather move on to how 99.9999% of Trumpists have no honor?

I gotcha. It’s all good.

Should have made the claim in classic New Yorker cartoon form that’s too esoteric for anyone outside of Williamsburg to understand.

If you’re worried about her, you can always contribute funds to her paypal plea to help cover this scary new phase.

Looks like she has attended the Maxine Waters School of Communications.

One companion to the legion of Trump-voter-as-curious-oddity portraiture is the endless
stream of op-eds prevailing upon liberals to be more tolerant. To cease being smug. To simply reach across the aisle, grasp a hand, and speak softly, leaving the big stick at home.
To which I say: tough nuts, sugar. When they go low, stomp them on the head.

In 2018, the > question is not “Who goes Nazi?” but rather “Who goes Trump?” While
Trump is far from Hitler and his supporters are a far cry from Nazis, it
is undeniable at this point that his is a regime ruled by cruelty and
evil.

It is high time, when you find yourself next at a dinner party with
someone who has gone Trump, to smash your glass to shards and leave. It
is time to push yourself away from the table. It is time to cease to
behave with subservient politesse towards those who embrace barbarity
with unfettered glee

I’m thinking someone needs to look in the mirror.

I hate not having an edit button

Her Twitter feed is most enlightening