New York Times Retooling 🤣

Actually Breitbart’s readership has plummeted since Trump’s inauguration.

New York Times

The current “1619 Project” that the Times is doing, to mark 400 years ago this month when slaves were first brought to the colonies.

It is quite good.

2 Likes

Prepping the battle space.

Do they tell you that the Republicans are the party of Lincoln? Hmm?

this op was about as “reflective” as i’ve ever seen

1 Like

The NYT “tools” are retooling!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is down to pitiful Austin Powers type humour.

That is pathetic.

3 Likes

Finally!

The NYTimes using their influence to sway opinions, therefore votes, and having to adjust their reporting to avoid the appearance of bias in the world is political.

3 Likes

Yeah turns out advertisers weren’t super keen on being associated with the “platform for the alt right.”

Actually, most of the big white nationalist types have gotten whacked in the last couple years. Bannon went from being shadow chief of staff for the president to stumping for neo Nazis in Eastern Europe. Milo has been reduced to a webcam show from his basement. Richard Spencer can barely get a speaking engagement.

Totally not a Trump supporter though!

4 Likes

So wait the leadership is trying to prevent a pure proganda generator and actually demoted staff for it and is trying not to be reactive to twitter but the true story is that they are a propaganda generator

Yeah the staff is reactionary. Yes the staff is pushing stories that are clearly biased but i read this transcript as showing a conflict between independence and bias rather than all the bias that’s fit to print

I don’t they think they are using their influences to sway voters i think there are some of the staff is printing stories to reineforce opinions. That’s a huge problem. A bigger one than trying to sway because it shows a bias cancer that needs to be excised. That being said what i got from the transcript is that the leadership is trying to do just that but has little understanding on how to do so.

They do you are right. I don’t think it’s spin. I think it’s earnest but i think he is not winning the fight.

1 Like

They actually lost me as a reader for a while because of their story lines. Every story on the front page of the website was almost always derogatory. It wasn’t until theyvstarted printing about effects of policy rather than orange man bad that i started reading them again

My current favorite is the automakers rejection of Trumps roll back of Obama era emission rules.

I think it’s both. Most of the writers are ensconced in leftward ways, NYC being the democrat stronghold that it is. I doubt they can pull the talent that doesn’t have their heads in the sand in that regard. But they try to sell themselves as a trusted news organization, and that’s where the sway comes into play. In reality, this retool is just a pr stunt that is intended to give them cover in efforts to increase their influence.

2 Likes

Right that’s last part is where we disagree. It is PR of course but not to the fullest extent. I think there is a struggle inside the organization not to be reactionary but reporting.

Where would you say that kind of talent is evident today?

1 Like

All that’s missing is a “Treason?” and it could be an actual Trump tweet.

Its a difficult problem. How to be in the bag for the DNC and toadying up to your “resistance” audience, and at the same time have some flimsy claim to printing “all the news that’s fit to print”.

2 Likes