New York Times Op-ED Opposes Impeachment

I find the contrast interesting with the parties…

On one hand you have the dems who are wrestling with this topic.
Where as the current gop would just say ■■■■ it and impeach.

Democrats are always trying to play 5th dimensional chess … while Republican politics centered around animus. It’s why they love Trump… he hates the same people they hate and they will do anything that involves sticking it to liberals. It’s a hate filled agenda. In end, democrats come off looking like weaklings and republicans gain power by being ruthless.

The demographic shift is what’s going to ultimately doom their current agenda, that’s why they love Trump so much as he’s trying to turn back the clock.

That train left the station a generation ago. It’s a futile effort against inevitability.

Interesting… a few more than one hundred responses and almost all on the the legitimacy/illegitimacy of investigation or impeachment but not a single response on what a Republican response to the Trump Presidency should be.

Can I assume that means that the Trump supports believe his base-centric strategy is a long term winning approach?

I don’t think the leadership does…that’s why there are massive efforts to suppress the vote of groups likely to vote democrat.

The dem party has no agenda but investigating Trump…

The house has been passing legislation. Walk and chew bubble gum…totally possible.

Yes… we saw the reps pass tax and regulation cuts, while investigating the swamp… But The dems are only investigating…

Nope. The dems are passing legislation in the house. Your statement that their only agenda is attacking Trump is provably false.

That’s actually incorrect. The Democratic Party is working on and is starting to pass a broad agenda of bills through the House. Most notable is H.R. 1, their anti-corruption act, but there are also bills to strengthen the Voting Rights Act, address some of the weaknesses in the Affordable Care Act, extend background checks for gun purchases, reverse Trump’s revocation of sanctions on several of Putin’s buddies, reinstate the original scope of the National Monuments President Trump has reduced and many other. Reality, easily recognized is that Mitch McConnell will not allow any of these bills to be debated or come to a vote in the Senate. The exist primarily to establish platform positions in the 2020 election, since all of the bills represent positions that have majority support among the American people but are inconsistent with the Republican agenda.

One might well ask what the Republican agenda 2017-2018 was, when they had control of both Houses of Congress as well as the Executive… it came down to a massive tax cut targeted at the wealthy. Anything else? The regulatory cuts Trump claims were all achieved by executive order.

Go ahead prove me wrong… What’s the big agenda?

Cratic is gunning for Sarah Sanders job, since she has announced her intention to leave the White House. He has to demonstrate the ability to stick to falsehoods endlessly.

I can’t wait until they actually get started…

I love liberal projections …

The big agenda to engage more people in the American dream by:

1. Reversing a portion fo the huge tax payoff Trump gave the wealthiest Americans
  2. Assuring voting rights to as many citizens as possible
  3. Protecting health insurance for those with pre-existing conditions
  4. Expanding access to reasonable cost health insurance
  5. Assuring all citizens have access to clean air and water
  6. Support for transitioning the economy to next generation energy sources

There’s more, but that’s enough to enable a barrage of insults

You keep asserting positions that are obviously false.

When you ask me what the agenda is, I describe it. You respond by ignoring it. Now that I pointed that out, you will probably respond by insulting it. What you don’t do is engage with it.

1 Like

Nice list. Kind of vague. I hope they start voting on it. But somehow I doubt it will hit the floor anytime soon. And why do they need to fix Obama care?

Vague? You said there was no platform. I provided elements of it. Please acknowledge that you were wrong when you said there was no platform. (My point being that almost everything you assert lately is demonstrably false.

Vague? Yup, I did not provide full texts of bills here. (I don’t write at johnwk’s length). So take HR 1. H.R. 1 is the lead bill. That’s why its #1 in the house’s list. Please point out any one provision in it that is vague. Even better, point out any one provision you disagree with… since it is a targeted “drain the swamp” bill.

If you don’t, then we can write off your criticism as the vague input.

I said they are not passing any real legislation. You said they will get around to it later. So, we agree.

Trump would love to do a nice infrastructure bill, the question is how do you get the dems to actually use the money for roads and bridges and not do the Cal bullet train waste of billions.

Typically, you have misrepresented what I said in your pursuit of never writing a message without something false in it. I never said anything about getting around to it later. These are bills being passed now. As I suggested, look up HR 1 and tell me what is vague about it.

Conversely, pass me a copy of Trump’s “nice infrastructure bill” and I can comment on it. Only one problem, unlike the House bills, Trump’s infrastructure bill does not exist. Some which is “real” legislation? H.R. 1, which has been filed or Trump’s “nice” bill which has not been written.

The only Trump legislative accomplishment was the tax cut for the wealthy that failed to increase investment or wages for the middle class as Trump promised. Billions in corporate stock buybacks and not much for anyone else. Nothing vague about that or about whose interests Trump is enabling.