New York pays illegals' children's tuition but not fallen vets' children's tuition. Why?

Gold Star families already have a program.

https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/nys-grants-scholarships-awards/msrs-scholarship.html

So this isn’t an either / or thing.

This is about a budgetary proposal that was introduced too late without the necessary work put into the cost.

And now the outrage gets to happen when it is rightly blocked… because they were not playing by the rules.

See how it is working on you.

You are being played.

You can chase your tail all that you choose my friend but…if I were proposing 27 million for the children of illegal aliens, I’d also be cognizant of the amount allocated for a similar program for the children of gold star families…PERIOD…and that’s all I have to say, about that.

Wait

So there already is a program and the missing piece now is just for more $$$$?

1 Like

Gold star families already have a program that covers college tuition. I gave a link to it.

You are being played for the outrage.

1 Like

Yes. It is mentioned in the original article. This is nothing.

The sponsor of the 27 million is not responsible to do the job of the sponsor for the Gold Star families. Different sponsors, probably from two different political parties.

Only if the vet died in action. It doesn’t yet cover vets who were wounded in action, who are predominantly more republican thayt democrat. Hence my OP conjecture.
Younger US veterans more likely to be affiliated with Republican Party .

I disagree. If resources are limited, everyone responsible should know how they are being allocated. Don’t think so small.

That’s ridiculous. Dozens of people or groups of people sponsor a myriad of different things. Each of them is responsible to get their own legislation ready and submitted on schedule.

How do you think the concept for this bill originated? Do you think they were aware of the gold star program or that they just came up with what they believed was their original idea? Promoting this bill and it being 10 times the funding of the gold star bill…and you’re not cognizant of the total imbalance between the two similar programs, not to mention the political message you’re sending out? That is inexcusable in my world but you go ahead and excuse it. It’s why I prefer the private sector cuz in my world, I could say…you’re fired and the world would be a better place. :sunglasses:

I’m guessing there would be emergency sessions and Democrats running around with their hair on fire if a proposal for illegals was introduced after the session, and they’d do anything and everything to get it implemented.

Illegals are better citizens than gold star families.

Well then I am sure that the next budgetary cycle, the legislation can be introduced with all of the necessary financial predictions to address this issue.

Until then, it is their own fault for not having it ready in time.

To complain about it seems rather engineered honestly.

Doubtful.

Try not to transpose what the NY GOP is actually doing with what you think would happen.

Please keep the argument grounded in reality.

1 Like

Sure I’m cognizant of it and I think it should be the other way around. Oh wait……….it is.

Gold star family members get up to $24,000 a year for college and Dream Act recipients get a MAXIMUM of $5,000

Read the linked article below carefully.

The headline in the OP is a blatant lie.

https://blog.timesunion.com/johnmcdonald/funding-college-for-gold-star-and-military-families-clarifying-misinformation/5596/

1 Like

Sure. You think the Democrats would actually pass this when it’s brought up?

Absolutely

How many illegals are eligible? How many veterans kids are eligible? How do those TOTALS compare?

New York state generously pays college tuition, room, board, books for it’s Gold Star families. If that is not generous enough for you, please look up your state and share what college financial aid your state provides it’s Gold Star families.

1 Like

Let’s get this straight. The title and the OP of this thread are blatantly wrong. New York State generously pays college tuition, room, board, books for the children of it’s fallen soldiers.

See how that makes the title of this ■■■■■■ thread a lie?

And if the OP doesn’t feel New York state is generous enough in providing college financial aid to it’s children of fallen military, I hope he posts the college financial aid his state provides it’s children of fallen military.