New York City primary just accidentally counted 135000 test votes

As I recall, North Carolina and it’s election organizations and courts heard complaints about this and handled it appropriately. What would anyone march or complain about that?

Don’t look at me… I gave a fifth rank to Paperboy Love Prince.

Was hoping that he would at least give it a good shot.

Not…not “any” investigations or audits.

Just phony conspiracy-based ones run by unqualified people.

You mean…precisely how New York City’s election boards handled this?

1 Like

That can be flipped around, too.

You’re willing to believe the problems were large because you’ve been told the problems are large by people with a strong personal interest in having you believe the problems are large.

When the “calls for investigation” are made in clear bad faith, such as Republican elected officials calling for audits of the Presidential election (but not their own elections), there’s no reason to give the benefit of the doubt.

Allowing the people with vested interests in finding problems be the arbiters of whether “problems” exist is an attack on democracy.

Oh, we care, but we also insist on evidence.

Like…oh, say…the President of the U.S. on tape asking for the SoS of GA to “find” 12,000 ballots for him, or, just enough to flip the state.

We care about that VERY much

1 Like

The problem with your outrage is that the quote marks around “find” are yours, probably WashPos, certainly CNNs, but not Trump’s.

2 Likes

“All I want to do is this: I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have, because we won the state”

Direct quote. There’s audio.

2 Likes

Whatever.

For those of you playing the home game, this is a textbook case of attempted gaslighting.

1 Like

Proving that he wanted enough votes to be found to win the election.
Naturally, you are reading an intent into that statement to mean that he wanted them to fabricate false votes that did not exist.
That is not what was said.

1 Like

Those were the words he said. It’s a direct quote.

So this statement:

…is objectively false.

You are welcome to give Trump all of the benefit of the doubt you want, in terms of his intentions - but we are not obligated to do so.

2 Likes

No.
Subjectively false.
Objectively would mean that there was only one way to interpret what he said and that way is to ignore what he literally said.

except of course that i have not said large problems exist.

your idea of “bad faith” seems to gel around who won. i believe that trump believes he won. as such, he is entitled to say so and to call for investigation. i do not believe he won. i do however believe investigating would be a good thing.

the last is only true if the findings lack evidence to back them. of course to get to findings you do have to first investigate.

1 Like

No. I don’t care about your feelings about what Trump said.

Objectively, he said the words “I just want to find 11,780 votes”.

Subjectively, you’ve decided to interpret his remarks in an entirely innocent and innocuous way - an interpretation that is (to me) delusional. That’s fine. You’re welcome to give him the benefit of the doubt, no matter how silly it is.

But you don’t get to deny reality. He said those words. The quotation marks were accurate.

2 Likes

Is Trump running for mayor of NYC? What’d I miss?

Investigations have been done.

You refuse to accept those results.

No one is against investigating and making sure our elections are safe.

People who understand how elections work and how audits should work are against obviously partisan investigations run by hyper partisan groups who have NO EXPERIENCE in how to run such audits and have already cost taxpayers money by screwing up the handling of the evidence.

People who are looking for only one outcome support any kind of nonsense.

Yes.

Have you noticed that no elected Republicans have questioned the authenticity of their own elections?

The only elections “in question” are the ones were the bad guy won.

2 Likes

brilliant

This thread was never about the NYC Mayoral election.

It’s right there in the OP.

1 Like

Find<>fabricate