New threats from eco-terrorism?

Some on the left support radical reductions in the world population. For example here is a quote from Paul Ehrlich:

How many you support depends on lifestyles. We came up with 1.5 to 2 billion because you can have big active cities and wilderness. . . .But you already have 7 billion. So we have to humanely and as rapidly as possible move to population shrinkage.

The El Paso shooter said something similar:

“If we can get rid of enough people, then our way of life can become more sustainable,” the terrorist writes.

The New Zealand shooter likewise considered himself an “eco-fascist”, and the Dayton shooter was a supporter of Antifa.

Is a bullet to the head a step to “humanely and as rapidly as possible move to population shrinkage”?

Are some recent mass shootings really examples of eco-terrorism?

1 Like

Nope. The El Paso white nationalist terrorist wanted to kill as many Mexicans as possible. Full stop.

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1159894683797135360?s=21

5 Likes

Yeah, the El Paso terrorist’s concern wasn’t too many people, it was too many people who didn’t look like him.

3 Likes

Being a white supremist and an eco-terrorist are not mutually exclusive.

For example, here is a webpage from an environmentalist group that says that immigration is driving up US population and damaging the environment. It even quotes Paul Ehrlich about the need to control population in rich countries.

https://www.susps.org/overview/immigration.html

2 Likes

Sorry, ain’t buying it. The proud boys have a rally today in Portland, do you consider them an eco-terrorist group as well?

1 Like

He was racist left-wing environmental terrorist.

1 Like

No.

Well, yeah. But your thread is asking if the recent mass shootings are examples of eco-terrorism.

They weren’t.
No more than Osama Bin Laden was an eco-terrorist.

(xi) You have destroyed nature with your industrial waste and gases more than any other nation in history. Despite this, you refuse to sign the Kyoto agreement so that you can secure the profit of your greedy companies and*industries.

Pursuing this angle in the war on terror would have been a waste of time, just like it is now.

1 Like

The US signed the Kyoto agreement in 1998; Bin Laden should have never attacked in 2001.

My observation is that people’s preconceptions drive how they interpret information. The media is looking for a white supremist, and they are going to ignore any information that does not neatly fit into their preconceptions.

During the Beltway sniper shootings, the police repeatedly let the shooters pass through checkpoints around the shootings. The authorities were sure the snipers had to be a couple of white guys, probably white supremists.

The actual shooters were a pair African-Americans. The older man followed the Nation of Islam and drove the car; the actual shooter was a 17-year-old immigrant from Jamaica.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-2002-12-15-0212160297-story.html

Because the El Paso shooter wrote who he hated in his manifesto and went to go kill a bunch of them. The guy who shot up the synagogue let us all know why he was killing a specific group of innocent people. The NZ shooter told us, and acted on it.

There’s no investigative value in speculating on any motives beyond the ones directly linked to the corpses.

2 Likes

Who didn’t like the Mexicans invading Texas.

Allan

who does?

Yes.

What I find ironic is that some believe the left or environmental wackos can’t be racist.

Well over the years I’ve find racist comes all sized, all colors and all political persuasion.

Do you drive 600 miles and take a ak to a Walmart to eliminate the people you don’t like.

Allan

The shooter knew he would either die during the attack or face the death penalty if he survived. Driving 600 miles to find his preferred target was a trivial consideration.

And I hope he gets the death penalty…and oddly enough I’ve change my stance on death penalty years ago once I’ve learn that DNA cleared lots of people of their crimes.

I hate to think how many innocent people we might have executed over the years.

But for this bastard…stick a needle into him.

I wouldn’t call shooting a lot of people randomly to be humanely. Actually, I don’t think there is a possible way to humanely and rapidly get rid of several billion people. Is this Paul Ehrlich volunteering to go, himself?
I don’t see the point of the OP unless it is to prove that this Paul Ehrlich is a potentially dangerous nut.

Clearly it would be entirely different if he sought more diversity in his murders.

What can you do? White supremacists hate people of color. :man_shrugging:

This guy was definitely an eco-terrorist. :rofl:

1 Like

Lol sure