New Mexico "Militia" Detaining Illegals On The Border

How does that prove your claim?

Oh I meant compared to today.

Direct observation is every bit as valid as indirect.

Also I’m sure a border agent is a better witness then some idiot militia dude playing pretend in the desert.

and a person character is directly related to their observation and testimony.

In the 17th century? Hush.

Are these guys playing pretend too?

You just describe feudalism in which military power was controlled by the people not the crown in a series of standing armies. The crown would then give them money and land in order to buy loyalty of their armies.

So do I. It has been a steady, incremental degradation through out history.

Yes anyone in a Miltia in 2019 is playing pretend.

1 Like

Ah gotcha.

Let them have their fun lol

Go study the definition of feudalism please.

Strange. I wonder why Canada would write a law protecting a bunch of pretenders, let alone mandate that they practice annually? Is that a common thing up in Canada?

Militia units have existed in Canada for most of the country’s history. They were formed by able-bodied men between the ages of 18 and 60 who were recruited locally to support the British Regular Forces to defend against invasion or rebellion. Units were formed on a county basis, and unit officers were chosen from the local elite. They were called up if Canada was in danger and, in peacetime, were obliged to present themselves, armed, at the annual one-day muster in their locality.

The Militia Act , passed in 1855, maintained Canada’s obligation to partake in militia units but it also contained clauses for local training of a volunteer force. The troops, which included cavalry, field artillery batteries, foot artillery companies, infantry and rifle companies, were organized and the government equipped the men with the necessary arms and accoutrements. Mandatory annual drills were part of the new force’s training.

Because he has a costume and a badge?

At one point, Canada was mighty enough to burn the White House down.

Now look at them. :rofl:

Yes Canada had Milita because we were not allowed to have a standing Army.
but it isn’t the 1800’s anymore.

Be nice. New Mexico, not Canada.

1 Like

New Mexico used to be so mighty, everyone left Old Mexico. Now look at them. :rofl:

What difference does that make? I don’t find your claim very credible. Why would your government sanction a bunch of people running around “pretending”, as you put it, with guns? I mean, I know Canada is pretty liberal, but come on now.