New Mexico "Militia" Detaining Illegals On The Border

If they just detain them and they’re detained unlawfully, the police can charge the citizens on the border making citizen’s arrests with unlawful detainment. Maybe we should just let the police handle it, eh? Just like up in Canada?

Why do you think that will happen and what will the outcome be?

History tells me that is far more likely to happen with somebody who has qualified immunity.

Do criminals detained by citizens for the police in Canada get killed?

and what if the criminal say no, or doesn’t speak English?

What of it? Again, if they’re being detained unlawfully, the police will handle it.

so in America you can just walk up to anyone with a gun and detain them if you suspect they are a criminal?

No. You actually have to witness them commit a crime. Just like in Canada.

Do you have any proof these cowboy have witness any crime, you know evidence.

Why would I? And I don’t need to. Again, if these people are being detained unlawfully, the police will handle it. What do you have against the police?

How do you know they don’t speak Spanish? I do.

2 Likes

I’m not allowed to type it, but I know how to get someone to admit they speak Spanish too. lol

They aren’t cowboys. There are no cows involved. Stop using cowboy as a pejorative.

3 Likes

so you have a bunch of idiot in the desert arresting people for being “illegal” without evidence, you know what will happen when they are turned over to ICE? they will be given a greenlight so they don’t sue.

I’m honestly fine with this, they are within their rights to detain people committing crimes or whatever else is legal (like carrying if they are permitted), hopefully no one gets hurt.

He sounds more upset that this stunt is legal than anything.

They will be shut down by the feds before the month is over.

I can speak it, but apparently I can’t spell it.

Did you read the article?

Of course its legal. People used to do this more. But then that was back when everybody still knew everybody and we weren’t afraid of the police because well, we knew them too.

On what grounds?