New Jersey's stupid plastic ban

Yeah. I think it needs big tweaking for sure. I’m sure it’s reducing waste in our beautiful bays and beaches but reusable bags aren’t great in terms of energy use.

That is always the way.

In CA the government decided that oil companies put a certain additive in gas to reduce the smog, the additive ended up polluting the groundwater.

I saw a great prank. Someone sealed every other bag on the roll. The sealed ones are TRULY impossible to open. Then wait for an unsuspecting victim to struggle with the first one (that is sealed.) A helpful person comes by and shows them how easy it is to open – by opening the next (unsealed) bag on the roll. Then the victim tries again with the next bag (which is sealed)… Three or for cycles of this before the prankster points to the camera.

Good stuff.

1 Like

Or health. Bacteria buildup. Who washes out their reusable bags?

Me? I take several sturdy produce boxes I get from Costco. They even have handles. Costco is glad to let shoppers help them get rid of boxes. After several uses, they go into my recycle bin and I get new ones from Costco.

1 Like

I remember when politicians took aim at brown paper bags claiming…we’re killing all the trees. Their great idea was plastic bags and now…here we are where the truth is, those trees that were used have been genetically modified to mature in just 18 years by the North Carolina State University. That’s a renewable energy that also cleans our air. Those politicians…they soooooooo smaaaaaaaaart.

2 Likes

Restaurants are supposed to only give out plastic straws upon request. But the servers will ask you if you want straws. Probably so they don’t have to go back and forth if you forget to ask.

1 Like

Maybe you critprogs should stop trying to force people to change in support of The Great Hoax and try extolling the virtues that actually benefit the buyer.

Like this

I’d buy from @Toll_Collector

1 Like

Yet they manufacturer plastics in NJ and ship it elsewhere, to figure!

3 Likes

Packaged in plastic, no less.

4 Likes

I like that for the haul out of the store, but not for the ‘I’ve got a pile of bags stuffed in the back go the car for whenever I stop to shop.’

Where do you keep the boxes between uses?

And yes - reusable bags can get gross. Cloth ones can go in the wash, but the plastic ones as a PITA to wipe clean.

I think you are describing process made possible by identifying a problem.

Why?

27 watts, 250 watt equivalent. $21.99 Home Depot.

1 Like

This anti straw movement started with questionable and doubtful data of a preteen kid.

Now, check out the ignorant morons calling plastic bags “single use”.

These people roam free on the streets, and can affect your elections. :wink:

2 Likes

Which was started by the left years ago to save the trees…

Why do you attempt to defend the absolute stupidity I described? Guess what?

You’re wrong again. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

In 1956, the NC State University Cooperative Tree Improvement Program was founded to enhance the productivity and resilience of planted forests in the southern US. To achieve this goal, we follow a process of breeding, field testing, and selection. The very best trees are used as the parents of the next generation.

1 Like

They started working on it in '56. When do you think breeding trees showed good results and trees grew large enough to make a difference in the supply of paper bags?

You know how long trees take to grow, don’t you?

K…continue down your losing rabbit hole. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Why you ask? It’s quite simple. Those bulbs didn’t exist when I started ordering the incandescent 250 watt bulbs. I just never knew when they became available. I’m going to look for them this weekend. I’m sure they’ll last a lot longer, so the price tag doesn’t bother me.

I thank you for this.

1 Like

They are absolutely not single use.

1 Like