New Jersey's stupid plastic ban

They can get pretty damn bright. You can use this to scale from what you have

https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/energy/watts-lumens.php

I think I have a 12000 lumen bulb in a 2-car garage. Can’t remember exactly.

Fast growing pines are about 20 years from seedling to clear cut. I grew up on property that had them as a tree farm. You usually thin them every 8 to 10 years.

1 Like

Yeah, but those LED bulbs usually have the incandescent equivalent on the box. I have an oversized 1 car garage with two 250 watt incandescent bulbs. That’s pretty bright.

You want bright?

Replace your 250s with these, will burn less than half the electricity.

https://www.amazon.com/Deformable-Ceiling-Adjustable-12000LM-Basement/dp/B091DPJ1R3/ref=asc_df_B091DPJ1R3/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507801848374&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5218547790452095761&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1021048&hvtargid=pla-1282315264244&mcid=e87500eb61e831b38011883310a36fb1&gclid=CjwKCAjw26KxBhBDEiwAu6KXt2ewhu5WS0K3nSrxfQ6g1pSWczK2ip90GTpQoVvQDsOibhTs9-3uVxoChLYQAvD_BwE&th=1

LOL, that’s bright. I wonder why they require you to turn off your power to install?

I’m pretty sure they just mean to turn off the light switch.

I thought that was probably what they meant. But that should go without saying.

I like the look of those. Nice wide area of light…

Not good for a bedroom though. I made that mistake when I first got my trailer. Turned the light on and I could sworn I gave birth to a star.

1 Like

Same here. A great light indeed, but not good for an oversized 1 car garage. I don’t need 20,000 lumens.

Having 3 garbage trucks roam every street in America easily wipes out any eco benefit of recycling.

NPR says most plastic can’t be recycled and just ends up in landfills.

And what you think is recycling is not. I bet most libs have faith that you can recycle nearly 100% of a piece of plastic. But to be called recycled you only have to 30% of a piece of plastic. You were lie too again…

“Greenpeace found that no plastic — not even soda bottles, one of the most prolific items thrown into recycling bins — meets the threshold to be called “recyclable” according to standards set by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation New Plastic Economy Initiative. Plastic must have a recycling rate of 30% to reach that standard; no plastic has ever been recycled and reused close to that rate.”

Liberals like to be mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed BS

1 Like

Here in Colorado, it’s even worse. (Well, at least there are only 2 trucks per household: Trash and Recycling.) But there are over a dozen competing trash collection companies. It’s not a municipal service. So each company makes two-truck runs on just about every street to cover their set of customers. Most of them pick up recycling every other week, and trash gets picked up weekly. That averages out to about 20 truck runs per week. (As I was typing this, one drove by my window.)

I hate plastic bottles. I can’t drink anything from a plastic bottle. I have to pour it into a glass. Thankfully beer hasn’t gone that route.

I’d love to see a picture of something you made in your woodshop.

We had a woodworker’s thread a few years ago.

I’ll try to find it.

Some great stuff here - very talented people on this board.

some highlights from my garage shop:

4 Likes

Very nice

Thanks. It’s a fun hobby.

In the last. 10 years there have been improvements in biodegradable film, banning plastics is out of shear ignorance. A lot of bags are using fluff aka repelleted plastic from recycled materials. Straws are 100% regrind of recycled materials.

1 Like