New Forum is a Welcome Surprise

Yes please. The only way I’ve found to get to the end of some of these threads is to click on the number of posts and select the last one. Pages would be nice.

If anyone cares, ads can be blocked using browser extensions if you have Chrome or Firefox.

I don’t have a problem with ads on my PC. IMHO, it seems like this forum is catering to smartphone apps…which I don’t use. So, once again, I have to ‘evolve’.

The extensions can be added on the phone as well. I’m actually starting to like the new forums. The new dark them is nice, and browsing on the phone is a much nicer experience.

w00t! I feel like I just got out of the penalty box :wink:

hey everybody

2 Likes

go here…

1 Like

thanks man :+1:

1 Like

That’s an unfortunate side effect of having an ad every 5 posts. You don’t experience the issue if you have an adblocker blocking those ads.

1 Like

Gotcha. Fair enough.

Something wonderful is about to happen!

1 Like

I love the computer version…hate the mobile version. It sucks. But I will just have to get used to it right?

1 Like

I am learning to adapt on the mobile version as well. But overall I am really liking the new format, and yes, especially on the laptop. Good to see you over here by the way my friend! :smiley:

I joined as soon as I saw it. April 18. The other forum is like a ghost town.

1 Like

I read over there yesterday that it will convert to read-only in a couple of weeks. It will be a shame to see it go, after a dozen years posting there, but I am really pleased that there is somewhere else for us political junkies to engage our inner-nerd. :wink:

3 Likes

i like the mobile version better. much fewer clicks to get to what i want.

for example, on the old site i had to tap four times to see Politics. all i do now is click “SeanHannity” at the top. i do admit the ads slow things down but since this new site takes me directly to where i left off reading in each thread my scrolling is also down.

i think this board will have much more activity. it says i’ve already read 3,200 posts. that’s insane. it’s because it’s more efficient and you can get right to where you left off.

1 Like

What’s cool is you can use ones that come with your iPad/iPhone.

At least…I can see them. Don’t know what you see.

:sunglasses::imp::japanese_ogre::snowflake:

That’s one of the things I like best. Easy to pick up where you left off.

Had to run in here and post that this “similar thread” notification is awesome

1 Like

Yeah, that happened to me, too, on my iPhone.

1 Like