NEW DEAL: Kamala Harris Promises $8,000 Tax Credit for Energy Workers ‘Displaced’ by Green New Deal

Originally published at: NEW DEAL: Kamala Harris Promises $8,000 Tax Credit for Energy Workers ‘Displaced’ by Green New Deal | Sean Hannity

Fading presidential candidate Kamala Harris unveiled her latest proposal to combat climate change this week; promising $8,000 tax credits to energy workers displaced by the ‘Green New Deal.’

“Do you have a message for voters who have jobs and interests in the fossil fuel industry?” asked one reporter.

“We have to encourage those industries to do better. Such as allowing those workers to transition into jobs of the future, such as renewable energy,” fired-back Harris. “My plan, what I intend to do for those workers, is all workers who need to transition are going to get an $8,000 tax credit to be able to do the training that’s necessary.”

.@KamalaHarris: I’ll give “an $8,000 tax credit” to people who must “transition” out of fossil fuel jobs pic.twitter.com/5Wk3IYRvFO

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) November 8, 2019

Kamala’s comments come days after her campaign announced a severe reduction in staff in critical battleground states.

“Kamala Harris is dramatically restructuring her campaign by redeploying staffers to Iowa and laying off dozens of aides at her Baltimore headquarters, according to campaign sources and a memo obtained by POLITICO Wednesday, as she struggles to resuscitate her beleaguered presidential bid,” reports Politico.

“The moves come as Harris is hemorrhaging cash and in danger of lacking the resources to mount a competitive bid against better-funded rivals in Iowa. The overhaul will touch nearly every facet of Harris’ operation, with layoffs or re-deployments coming at headquarters, as well as in New Hampshire, Nevada and her home state of California, a Super Tuesday prize that her advisers once viewed as a big asset,” adds the website.

Harris’ campaign manager Juan Rodriguez will reportedly slash his own salary, which was reportedly more than $10,000 per month.

The latest polling from Real Clear Politics has Harris hovering at fifth-place among registered Democrats, tied with businessman Andrew Yang.