New Colorado law will give state's electoral college votes to national popular

I wonder if they’ll change their name to Colofornia?

The Constitution can be amended. What’s the opposition to just doing so?

PhillyGuy

You don’t because you want the winner always to be popular vote winner. But this proposal as stated is against any idea of what representative voting should be. If a state votes in favor of one candidate, it shouldn’t have that vote reversed in put in favor of another candidate because of what other states wanted.

If people want only the popular vote winner to win, then they should favor electoral votes being accorded proportionally.

PhillyGuy

This (and your interpretation thereof, and your view of the compact with respect to the above) is your take on it all.

Argue with me all you want. I think we both know (yes, KNOW) that if the compact ever reaches the target participation, it will be challenged in court. I’m not the one who will file the challenge, so you’re wasting your time trying to tell me what will happen.

For the record, I expect that the compact will never get the requisite number of EVs in the first place to trigger court challenges in the first place.

Then Amend it if you can.

I have no doubt someone would file a court case, people do that all the time. My assertion is it would not be stopped by the court. As far as getting the required EVs, well only 89 more to go.

As I have said before NEVER is a long time.

Back in 2002 on the early Hannity forum.

“Same sex marriage will NEVER happen”

Things change over time.

Things that will “never” happen, happen all the time.

Allan

I do.

Allan

Well that’s ridiculous. We get people from all over, including Texas. Although, thankfully, the Texans haven’t turned us more conservative. :wink:

They can already implement it now i also love people that have no argument try to act above the fray by saying “well it doesnt matter durr”

So you dont have an argument and instead of admitting you have none, punt it.

Please try to keep up:

Please try to keep up:

Nevada just passed the law. There are 75 more votes to go.

As for constitutionality, these are just a laws passed at the state level. They’re not creating an additional level of government between the states. It’s just how they allocate their electoral votes to the winner. So, I think this would easily pass by the Supreme Court.

Or a more popular third party candidate that actually gets an appreciable number of democrat votes.

Ralph Nader got about 2.9 million votes in 96.

'[quote=“biggestal99, post:8, topic:169577, full:true”]
Schultz will get less than 250,000 votes in the 2020 election.

It’s guaranteed.

3rd parties never do as well as hyped.

Allan
[/quote]