Netanyahu running out of time, new elections may be necessary

Eh, or just everyone is sick of Netanyahu.

So interesting. Netanyahu can’t get the religious far righties (Haredim) to agree on military draft exemptions. For those who don’t follow this, there is a group of able-bodied young people who avoid the universal draft because they say have to spend all day studying the bible. Secular Israelis are getting tired of it.

Right. That’s why the voting population reelected him. :roll_eyes:

Likud got 26.46% of the vote in the April elections, just a little over a quarter, with Blue and White just behind. That is 73.54% of the population that did NOT vote for him.

Netanyahu can only claim credit for those 26.46%, not the votes for parties that he is trying to ally with.

5 Likes

well, 26.27% of them did. So about 74% of the Israelis did NOT choose Netanyahu.

1 Like

And the 5.78% who voted for the damn Rabbi’s and the 4.01% that voted for the ultra-nationalists are actually of more import to Netanyahu that the 26.46% that voted for him.

1 Like

Exactly. I have a tough time with these loafers.

Is that math that make you feel better? Megan Kelly wants to know ;p

1 Like

You ought to see the comments made by non-Orthodox Israeli Jews about the Orthodox.

You think you and I don’t like them. :laughing:

1 Like

I have a suggestion for a Haredi nickname: Bone Spurs!

How’s that working out for him?

no wonder it’s impossible to form a majority government.

And yet, he won the election. In the paradigm of the Israeli election, that’s what it took.

Even more than 73% voted against any other candidate.

You don’t understand Israeli elections.

They did not re-elect him. Lol

He has to form a colaltion government among 10 other parties and did not.

The blue and white party nearly got as many votes as likud.

Allan

In order to “win” the election he has to form a government.

He did not.

There will be a Do over election in September.

Allan

Win is win.

He won.

He failed to execute the next step.

That is not how a Parliamentary system works.

1 Like

Why are they always so loud, proud and uninformed?

If they Knesset did not dissolve yesterday. the Blue and White party would have “won” the election
the knesset did not want that so they dissolved and called for a new election

@Guvnah Israeli elections are not like our own. different rules.

its a do over election in september. the last election is a hung jury. Back to the drawing board with no winners or losers.

Allan

well to be fair. most people dont understand other countries rules.

but we do have the internet.

I will even use the foxnews link

“Israel’s parliament voted to dissolve itself early Thursday, sending the country to an unprecedented second snap election this year as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu failed to form a governing coalition before a midnight deadline.”

“The dramatic vote, less than two months after parliamentary elections, marked a dramatic downturn for Netanyahu and sent the longtime leader’s future into turmoil.”

Allan