Netanyahu officially out

https://www.yahoo.com/news/israeli-government-palestinian-authority-reach-103757544.html

First of many accomplishments to come.

Imagine Israel helping the PA.

Hades is freezing over.

Allan

Agreed, I think that fact is Benett’s Achilles Heel.

I do think Netanyahu will need to be careful with his timing, though.

Of course, Netanyahu still has those charges pending. I know you think that they are bogus, BUT it is not over until it is over.

1 Like

Biden admin bending over backward to keep Netanyahu out

Allan

Well crap. I hate how, more often than not, foreign policy is a choice between terrible options.

you mean we’re interfering in their politics again?

its not gonna work

1 Like

If budget passes in November, govt is good for the year.

Here’s hoping.

Allan

no, its really not. the first time he ticks off either the right wing zealots or the arabs in the coalition he’ll face a no confidence vote and lose.

It’s been over a month and status quo. What’s your over/under for this government.

It’s good for another year IMHO. (At least until fall 2022)

What’s yours?

Allan

a year is pushing the limit. something between 4-10 months. it deffinately will not last the two years its slated for to change pm’s

Sometimes I like to revisit threads. In this case, tomorrow is the 6 month anniversary of this post

Care to revise. Bennett will pass your deadline unscathed.

Allan

won’t be long. bibi will be back.

bingo.

this thread didn’t age well

1 Like

Here is an unbiased source of what could happen.

The most likely.

“2. Gantz jumps ship
Before the Knesset dissolves, Blue and White chairman Benny Gantz decides to join the opposition and become Israel’s prime minister. This scenario is likely for a few reasons. The first is that Gantz, who currently serves as defense minister, has been unhappy with the current government since its inception. He was particularly bothered by the fact that Bennett – with six seats and now five – became prime minister while he, Gantz, had eight seats.

In addition, Gantz might prefer this option over the dispersion of the Knesset, which would see Lapid become prime minister. Remember that the two politicians split – with Lapid’s Yesh Atid Party leaving the Blue and White alliance – when Gantz decided in 2020 to join Netanyahu’s last government, which ultimately fell apart.

While Gantz has said that he learned the lesson from sitting with Netanyahu and that he would not make the same mistake again, he could argue that by joining Netanyahu he would not only be serving as prime minister but would also be preventing another election and further political instability“

Looks like Gantz will be the next PM

Allan

Nobody puts BiBi in a corner.

2 Likes

lol… that you think bibi will allow that.

no, bibi will be the PM

if he wanted to make gantz PM, he could have done that 9 months ago.

Was he the one with the cartoon bomb?

1 Like