Neo-cons are back in driver seat

how is the media egging it on.
you think Ukraine is fighting because of CNN, MSNBC, or Fox?

I must say that I have found the media coverage of this whole thing really good. I was pleased to see that they were able to put up another TV tower in Kiev. This whole thing is making Putin look like the idiot that he is. And it appears that his pro-Russia propaganda is failing.

1 Like

That’s true and he also did it when Obama was POTUS and took Crimea and what did the world do then?

Wailed and cried, but in the end nothing. This time seems different, not sure why. Oh I know, he is hitting Ukraine from 3 sides

It’s without question more violent because the Ukranians are fighting back. The question becomes, how involved do we get? Is this our fight? Maybe…because where does Putin go from here? If it is, is it ours, NATO’s, the EU’s…whose or all? It appears that the Ukranians are doing an excellent job plus, there appears to be an internal factor with in Russia and even the Russian military that is against this fight? That said, it appears Putin is not accomplishing anywhere near what he thought would have been accomplished by this many days into this.

Snake island surrender team

That IS the question, the other question is does Putin stop with Ukraine or does he keep going.

My personal opinion is he stops with Ukraine, IF he can even take it. Contrary to what was expected his forces are struggling. Can he take Odessa and block access to the Black Sea?
Can his southern forces move towards Kyiv?
That is all in doubt at the moment.

1 Like

I agree he stops with Ukraine.

I don’t know how people can with a straight face claim he will move on to other countries in Eastern Europe when he can’t even handle this one easily.

I even saw someone on the Web claim he will drive to the English Channel.

This isn’t the Soviet Union for crying out loud!

1 Like

Are you sure you decade plus long overt supporters of the neocon agenda want to have this conversation?

Hmmm driving to the English channel.

Who is the neocon? Neoconservatism is a political movement that was born in the United States during the 1960s among liberal hawks who became disenchanted with the increasingly pacifist foreign policy of the Democratic Party and with the growing New Left and counterculture of the 1960s, particularly the Vietnam protests.

Mr. Lucchese it is a Liberal hawk.

Are you calling Mr. Jay a hawkish person?

On the other hand, blue jays, “the bluebird of happiness”, signify hope and self-reliance. They can be the majestic wild spirit or a spiritual friend.

The Establishment is back, baby! UNITY! :rofl:

3 Likes

How so?

In this comparison Putin is to Ukraine as the US was to Iraq.

How are the two similar from the US perspective?

She’s positioning herself well for the Democrat primaries. She might be able to hand the Democrat party to the centre left, as Trump did the Republican party to the centre right.

Putin supporters has no support in the Democratic Party.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Allan

And ended up with dick Cheney as Vice President who is no liberal.

Allan

She’s not supporting Putin. So, she’ll be OK. The sane centre left will see through your false dichotomy.

1 Like

Going to have to disagree.

1 Like

She’s a Putin supporter.

Not a good thing to be these days.

Allan

No, it isn’t the Soviet Union or NAZI Germany. However, he did give as part of his rationale for invading Ukraine an historical unity between Russia and Ukraine. That same rationale could be used to lay claim to the “U” countries. It could also be used to lay claim to the Baltic countries and to some extent Finland. All he has to do is decide that :“NAZIs are taking over X” and in he goes with full justification in his mind.

We don’t go in and directly confront him in Ukraine…not with nuclear weapons at issue. But we have every legitimate right to feed Ukraine defensive weapons. Also, block off Russia from all trade and stop giving them diplomatic legitimacy as we just did with the Iran negotiations.
Just make it very painful for them to stay in Ukraine and make them realize they can’t continue to pull this sort of thing elsewhere.
There was only so far we would allow nuclear blackmail to get the Soviet Union and the same thing needs to hold now.