Navy busts the budget on USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78)

the guy that you elected president has a business model of stealing money from people. average people. he’s now in charge. i would expect him to run the country the same way he’s conducted himself forever.

just let Trump tell some of the Vendors/Subcontractors to take a hike.

So why didn’t the owner file a lawsuit to get the money he was owed? and if Trump “stole” money, how come he wasn’t charged criminally?

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article91353232.html

“All because, according to the lawsuit, Trump allegedly tried to stiff The Paint Spot on its last payment of $34,863 on a $200,000 contract for paint used in the renovation of the home of golf’s famed Blue Monster two years ago.”

So it wasn’t stolen as your post claimed. Contract dispute, contractor won and hid his attorney fee’s paid.

Where was the stolen money at (since he got paid and had expenses paid)?

Musta missed it. I quit watching it around 76.

The behind the scenes competition as to what goes into such things is brutal and often leads to bad decisions and it will be years before the public ever hears about it if at all.
YOU people need to get off your high horse.

You act like Trump is innocent of trying to stiff the guy for thirty four thousand dollars. He isn’t, he’s guilty as hell and the judge told him so and forced him to make good on it.

During my entire lifetime a lot of people, for whatever reason, don’t really view white collar stealing as they do other stealing. I’ve never quite understood it. When a customer doesn’t pay our invoice it’s stealing. Plan and simple.

Just like if a guy ate some food and skipped out on the invoice (tab).

If you can demonstrate anything I said to be untrue be my guest.

Pretty much. She’ll find a way to work guns in here too if you give it a while.

The law and reality say otherwise.

Modern warships are several orders of magnitude more technologically complex then the ones build in World War Two. And we also converted most of our industrial capability into producing ships, aircraft and tanks for the war effort.

How many shipyards do we have today capable of producing capital ships compared to back then?

Ships of this size? One I believe, vs forty or so on each coast in the WWII era.

It was a contract dispute. Two parties disputing what the contract called for. One party took the other to court. One was found to have violated the contract, and told to pay the other money owed and attorney fee’s.

Happens thousands of times a month.

So I ask again, where is the theft?

It was attempted, he didn’t get away with it. Why are you making excuses for dishonest business dealings? I’ve been stiffed in similar business dealings, it takes food right off the table as it were, it is most definitely theft.

I’m not making excuses. The Don isn’t the only one that disputes contracts and/or non payment.

It happens every day in the business world.

If and when it goes to court, sometimes the contractor wins, sometimes the other party wins.

“Disputes contracts” LOL! He paid them 160 something out of 200 thousand and refused to pay the rest even though the contract was fulfilled. That is NOT a dispute, that is Trump STIFFING the guy out of thirty plus thousand dollars and it is sleazy, dishonest thievery, nothing less.

1 Like

Sure it is. It was a dispute over how the contract was completed. Unless you know for sure that everything was done to speck BEFORE the court hearing. Somthin’ tells me you don’t know that.

That’s why it goes to court if one party doesn’t think it’s right. An impartial judge (or jury) hears the evidence THEN decides if the contract was fulfilled to the terms of the contract.

In the case of the painter, an impartial party found it was fulfilled, The Don had to pay the remainder of the contract and attorney fee’s.

Had the painter lost, he would have had to pay The Don’s attorney fee’s.

As I said, this happens thousands of times a month around the country.

Chevy did a funny Ford falling down bit…

Yes, thousands of times a month people try to screw each other over and end up in court. That too is thievery or attempted thievery. Trump’s business history is a sordid tale of doing just that time and time again. Several thousand lawsuits against him, way out of proportion to others in the same line and scale of business, some much bigger than Trump in the real estate world.

1 Like