National Enquirer publisher says they paid off Playboy model Karen McDougal in concert with Trump’s presidential campaign

These are the realities of these events. Ignoring them does you no favors.

I am sorry. I in my quickness I misread what you wrote.

I sincerely apologize for my unnecessary snark.

Now… back to necessary snark

1 Like

Rudy, is that you?

Ugh get a room :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didnt pay attention to the midterms huh?
Good for you

The man on the radio said it had nothing to do with trump and Russia

Even though a lot of the memos talked about trump, and their contributions to the Russia probe…and Moscow tower

“Bradley Smith said it wasn’t a violation”

I posted the sentencing memo in this thread already. Perhaps you should “reexamine” it, because this statement is factually incorrect.

That’s not what the law says.

Trump could claim that it was a personal expenditure, unrelated to the campaign as a defense - but that would be quite a hard sell, since the payoff:

1. Was made illegally through a shell company, paid with Trump Foundation money, and written off as “legal fees”.

2. Occurred a decade after the affair, 5 years after it was first revealed, and just happened to occur in the middle of his campaign for President.

3. Michael Cohen has testified that he was instructed to make the payoff because of the campaign.

1 Like

And AMI (Pecker) swears officially that they engaged in this criminal conspiracy with Cohen and Trump, with all three having full knowledge that what they were doing was illegal, and specifically was designed to impact the election results in Trump’s favor.

I swear this dude pays me for NSA sex than anyone in the universe.

Is that the biggest takeaway from this? Nah, but it’s pretty hilarious. Buying furniture and condos for them on the front end, and then paying hush money on the back end, just to sleep with some hot chicks when you’re super rich and a celebrity.

He obviously has something personally embarrassing to hide.

.>
Nah, it’s just a little thing.
.>>>>

3 Likes

I’m not ignoring them. I merely said they have nothing to do with the OP topic.

Was there anything specific on my post that you wished to comment on?

Citing a credible source is not an appeal to authority.

—————

The sentence he received was as I stated.

—————

Yes the law does state that. It also defines personal use as I said. It does not matter whether that might be a hard sell in court or not, it is still a legitimate point of defense.

:rofl:

I would not consider a famous anti-campaign finance law activist and spokesperson a “credible source” for criminal charges. That’s not the FEC’s job.

The sentencing memo spends 4 or 5 pages explaining exactly how the campaign finance violations are included in the sentencing formula.

The law does not define “personal use”. Feel free to provide a statute to prove me wrong.

You misread it.

Further, Mr. Cohen committed two campaign finance crimes on the eve of the 2016 presidential election with the intent to influence the outcome of that election. He made or facilitated payments to silence two women who threatened to go public with details of purported extramarital affairs, and Mr. Cohen admitted that he did so in coordination with and at the direction of Individual One.

There is an acute need for the sentence here to reflect the seriousness of the offenses and to promote respect for the law…Campaign finance violations threaten the fairness of the elections.

In fact, this Court firmly believes that a signifcant term of imprisonment is fully justified in this highly publicized case to send a message to those who contemplate avoiding their taxes, evading campaign finance laws or lying to financial institutions or Congress.

He got sentenced for 36 months for 18 CR 602, which includes the campaign finance violations.

5 Likes

The problem with this statement is that there was a meeting that took place that defined how these women would be handled. This was a plan developed in a meeting with Cohen and Pecker to help define how Pecker could help the campaign. This was a meeting about Trump’s campaign specifically. Not his family.

“Pecker offered to help deal with negative stories about that presidential candidate’s relationships with women by, among other things, assisting the campaign in identifying such stories so they could be purchased and their publication avoided.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-12/american-media-in-non-prosecution-agreement-with-prosecutors

They had him on tax fraud and bank fraud. If they wanted to get Trump, all they had to do was throw the finance campaign thing in there and tell Cohen to plead guilty to it if he didn’t want to do decades for his other frauds. He would have plead guilty to J walking if they had thrown that in there.

In any case, his guilty plea is not going to prove anything except in relation to himself. In crimes involving more than one party, you have all the time one party pleading guilty and another party contesting the charge in court.

The real question is if Congress decides that, even if this is illegal, it is worth a conviction and removing the President based on this FEC violation. That may wind up a political question.

This wont be enough for Senate Republicans to convict…it has exposed the president however and I personally feel this is just the start of the campaign finance fiasco.

But still not enough…no what’s going to push this over the edge is what’s to come…

If he is a proven or admitted tax cheat like Manafort and Cohen, that should do it.,