National Archives Slaps ‘Harmful Content’ Warning On Constitution, All Other Founding Documents

I did a search in the catalog on “Chinese Exclusion Act” and holy ■■■■ is the info that they have is granular.

2 Likes

I just gave some examples.

The content warning is on the catalog.

The Archives has whole sections devoted to the founding documents where there is no warning,

Don’t believe me… look for your self.

What the content warning applies to is the catalog which is in many cases is the primary sources. There are quite a few things in that history that one can find objectoinable. it is a warning that is placed on the header of every page irregardless if content.

Looks to me like it was not a coordinated objective to cast the founding documents in a terrible light but instead an efficient yet lazy way to provide a warning to every page in the catalog.

From what I can see, this is not an intentional attack on the founding documents but instead something that can be seen as broadly applied to the entire catalog without discretion because no one thought that there would be right wing hacks that would come along and make a bad faith argument.

3 Likes

for context you can view transcript of Congress talking about how blacks are sub-human and slavery is a institution backed by God or view photos and investigation reports of the my lai massacre.

some people might find that transcript offensive, but the point of the national archives is to preserve historical documentation of America good or bad.

3 Likes

You can view images of dead bodies pilled up on the side of the road, and report from a investigator interviewing the serviceman that killed them going in detail about by why and how they raped and killed 357 innocent civilians.

some people might find that offensive, after it its dead woman and children.

1 Like

Funny thing is the most offensive stuff is not even online, you have to visit the archives in person to access it or make formal request.

I would agree that is offensive.

But this isn’t a picture of a dead body. At worst, it is a snapshot in time, when social justice wasn’t as prominent.

Which is what the warning says, they say some of the stuff you will find is offensive but its important to persevere American history and not pretend it never existed hence the existence of National archives.

1 Like

The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

E Debs 1904

2 Likes

Bingo. It’s all about control.

No such thing. Clinton was/is a corporate democrat, aka republican lite

1 Like

Why would the GOP keep it hush hush when it will be the leftist letting it expire? The leftist can extend it or make it permanent when ever they want. They have all the power.

Why didn’t the GOP make it permanent in the first place?
they made the other tax cut permanent but not for the little guy, almost like they don’t care about you.

1 Like

Maybe because they played the game of if we are still in power we will make it permanent if the leftist are in power lets watch them try to explain letting the tax cuts expire while they are spending trillions on far leftist crap.

Baloney, false premise. Projection & twisting of the ideas behind the content ratings.

The left twists anything as long as it might aid them in their agenda. Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft!

Exactly. Don’t ask. Don’t tell. Is hardly a prog program.

Allan

So playing politics instead of representing like they’re supposed to. And people keep voting for them anyway. Seems counter productive to me.

At the risk of losing another point; that is completely wrong.

A prog program is like the one we have now. The policy being, who cares if you ask, who cares if you tell.

The way it should have been all the time. Not the clinton crap policy.

Allan

Whoops there it goes!

In 1993 DADT was as prog as it gets.

How do you go through life so wrong about so many things? Is it just politics and government? Or does it carry over?

1 Like